Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten - 1st

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish... and this week is a theme I just couldn't pass up: TOP TEN UNREAD BOOKS:

My pet-peeve is actually reading books... so I had to hunt down ten and as I found each one scattered around my lil' library, I knew exactly why I hadn't read it, yet. Most are gifts, for one... as happy as I am to have them, they didn't grab me before they were welcomed in. Some of 'em are "fix ya" suggestion books... which, well, hey... I'll get around to self-improvement when I do! If anyone has "LOVE THAT ONE" or "pass-on-it" thoughts, I'd love to hear 'em!!



1. Dies the Fire by SM Stirling
2. The Sword & the Lady by SM Stirling

(Loved the title of #2, started series with #1 & got lost in the description of making swords out of leaf springs... is that really possible?)

3. The Shack by William P Young

("Everyone"s read it, why should I?)

4. The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva

("Does this look fun for you? I really enjoyed it!" "Sure, thx!" shelf.)

5. In the Zone by Patricia King
6. What Your Childhood Memories Say About You by Dr Kevin Leman

(Gifts... I browsed a little. #5 I'll read some day #6 probably not. Giveaway, anyone?)

7. Wild Ink by Victoria Hanley

(Oh, yea! I'm writin' baby!)

8. The Tiger Rising by Kate KiCamiflo

(Bought this for the kids & thought I could get 'em to read it if I read it first. It's small enough, should be a fast zippy read?)

9. Grainne, Sailor Princess of Ireland by Louise Gherasim

(I'm a sucker for Ireland, ships and princesses - the cover is solid yellow, tho.)

10. Dreaming in English by Laura Fitgerald

(Finally!!  I book I bought for ME that I just haven't got a 'round to, yet.)


My TBR piles are kept on my Wishlist. 'Cause if I sit on a book for more than a couple weeks, it ain't gettin' read for a long time. I check out books at the library by the scores, too. That way I can dip my toes before plunging in with confidence.

4 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm familiar with any of the titles on your list but good luck making it through the ones you like and giving away the ones that you don't think you'll ever get around to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... they OUGHT to remain UNREAD!! Too funny. I read all the yummy ones already. Time to restock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I hope you get through these books soon! If not, that's fine too. Sometimes books aren't always meant to be read by certain readers!

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.