Sunday, January 15, 2012

In My Mailbox - Shatter Me

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

Picture ganked from My Cute Bookshelf in honor of winnings:

This week was quiet-ish for me as I read more than I usually let myself.  I mean... reading is like dessert, you see, and cleaning house is like veggies and typically I finish my veggies before getting to the dessert... but not this week.  Nope!!

It never hurts to have one of those weeks, right?

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

I won Shatter Me from My Cute Bookshelf - and yes, I borrowed their IMM pic for the week. Justify my actions by jumping over to see their IMM after mine. :-)  *ahem*  Thanks!!

I also picked up two more impossible-to-pass-up FREE deals for my Nook:

Precipice (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #1) The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1)

My boys are seriously into Star Wars and I'll tease them into reading any way I can.  And would you pass up The Emerald Talisman if you found it for free?!?!  I didn't think so.

I should call this IMM "Confessions" shouldn't I?  I just admitted to letting the house get messy AND borrowing someone else's cool picture AND luring my kids into something they might not want to do.

Shameless!!!

I'm in a good mood because it snowed.  I live in the soggy Northwest (USA) so snow is always rare and celebrated at my house...  Woot!!  Time for another cup of tea!!!  (The Gung-Ho Diet is still in effect, so no hot chocolate, but I'm losing weight, so I'm not complaining!)

At My House

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning Shatter Me! It looks like an awesome book! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture! Send some snow to me ;) I LOVED Shatter Me!! I hope you enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Shatter Me! It is a great book. There's not shame is getting kids to do things. ;)

    Tammi @ Young Adult Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad - I didn't clean much this weekend other than the kitchen. You need to treat yourself every now and again, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Shatter Me!!! enjoy all the books!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to add Shatter Me to my TBR list. I have heard so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm heard so many good thinks about Shatter Me and I really want to read it. Hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED Shatter Me!! Enjoy :)

    Also picked up Emerald Talisman a while back.. haven't gotten to it yet tho..

    happy reading!

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a little disappointed in Shatter Me, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it was going to be with all the hype, but I did enjoy it. I hope you do too!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! Shatter Me is awesome! I hope you like it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Shatter Me is a top one on my list!

    I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shatter Me was my favorite book of the year! The Emerald Talisman is still in my TBR pile but I really want to start it soon. Happy Reading and Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shatter Me is finally in at my library! I have heard it is amazing and I can't wait to pick it up. I feel like we are the last ones to read it. I have a few other books I MUST finish first though. Freebies are always awesome! I'll download practically anything if it is free. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh Shatter Me is AMAZING!!! I hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great set! What a beautiful photo! I can't wait to read Shatter Me.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lucky about Shatter Me it's totally on my must read list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard great hings about Shatter Me. Can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh... Shatter me! I really want to read that. Sounds very similar to Touch and I keep wondering how similar they really are!

    I hope you enjoy your books! Happy Reading,

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great IMM! Glad to see Shatter Me arrived. I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would be curious to read SHatter Me! Enjoy your reads!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! Shatter Me looks so good. Thanks for stopping by IMM too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved Shatter Me, it was awesome!!! I wish I had snow at the moment, it is soooo hot here in sunny Australia. Hope you have a great week =). Thanks for visiting my IMM.

    Ange @ The Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shatter Me is an absolutely AMAZING Book, I really hope you'll enjoy it,and I'm pretty sure you will, because it's that's amazing :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.