Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We are Winners, all of us!!

WOOHOOO!!!!

This Leap Day is a BIG DAY for my wee bloggin' self!!  I arrived at that prestigious (highly debatable) milestone of 1,000 Followers!!

(ie: do GFC followers "count" anymore? I should keep closer track of Linky's and Networked Blogs, or something. Why did Google have to mess with our counting system in the first place? Well, why do we count?!  I texted my husband with this important news. He replied, "Yippy". )

My PhotoGFC Follower 1000:

Comment from Leap Into Books hop:


Kali S  My all time favourite series is The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Holy frig. It's amazing! My second favourite is The Hunger Games


Kali, I'm giving you a $5 gift card to Amazon or B&N. I know it was sheer luck you were #1,000 and not your fault, really, but it's a big deal to me.  :-)

I want to continue to celebrate my readers. If you follow Colorimetry, you're automatically entered to win.  This will be somewhat less random. I'll be picking names I see a lot, readers who comment often.


Starting with Natalia over at Dazzling Reads... I think you were the first person who followed my blog who was not a relative (or, more accurately, my sister, who followed me with multiple personalities so I'd have more than two followers).  Natalia, I love your hyper-enthusiastic character!  Every time you comment I feel on top of the world!  :-)  $5 gift card is not a lot, but there's a lot of "thank you" behind it!!  (I got my Wow idea from your site this week. Thx!!)

My Photo
Tiffany at Book Cover Justice - you have commented the most since the beginning. I remembered seeing your tree pop up all the time and thinking, "cool tree!"  You are very kind and thoughtful and I love your book reviews!! This random $5 gift card is not fancy, maybe, but it's not random, either. Thank you!!!

For a start... it's nice to stop and appreciate someone from Now and two someones from the Beginning. I appreciate everyone in-between, too. I notice who responds as soon as my posts go up and who makes sure to drop by or shoot me an email when I miss something!  :-)  I have plans! *rubs hands together gleefully*

But first... onto today's business:

I've enjoyed the angel answers from the YA Paranormal Giveaway Hop. I was nervous about irritating my awesome readers by using so much Bible AND being so irreligious at the same time, and happily I only ticked off a few.  PHEW!  Ok, maybe no one got MAD, which might have happened if I stated more clearly that the Bible is soooo full of weird stuff.  Every time I read it I get tons of writing ideas. TONS. (Or "tonnes" to the other English-speaking population, as I learned in my pre-version of Embrace. (which is being reviewed tomorrow!!!!)) I don't get ideas listening to "those who know" explain "what the Bible says", mind you... that's another thing altogether. (Do I detect a pet peeve?!)

Beautiful visuals from Colorimetry Readers:


Tiff Pull  I think i would like to look similar to this angel. I would like to add some purple to my wings though. 
Hauntingly beautiful!!! I love the knife - is that a knife?!


IdentitySeeker  And, as you can see by my posture, I'd be totally agile and kickass. A sexy guardian angel to a hunky, charming guy- oh yes, that's me! *wink*


Love it. Especially the falling feathers!



amymccarty1985   What i would do would mostly be watch over my family and kick bad guys asses! :) I think that's what an angel does best! 

Yep. Couldn't agree more. Watch, protect... or else!!!  :-)


Well, we have a WINNER!!



Stephanie V!!!  

I grabbed this BEAUTIFUL picture off your Facebook page... which lead me to this other FB pg: Into the Woods, where it appears you're writing a story with some others on Goodreads?!

HOW COOL IS THAT?!

Can we all read it?!  Is it really about wolves and hot guys?!

You get to choose an ANGEL BOOK for your winnings. I'll email you to get your address and you've got 48 hours to get back to me.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

This is neither here nor there, but I STILL haven't made myself a banner. By now I should pretend that it's intentional. I know what I want... I just haven't found the right pieces. You'd think any one of my very tech savvy relatives might have helped me by now, but reading and blogging is "just a hobby", you know, not as important as Important Things. Do you ever get that? Everyone thinks your latest obsession is "just for fun"?!  Just curious.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was at school so I hadn't read the entire post, but I love your last paragraph. I am currently having an inner-fight with myself of wanting to start a book blog.

      My fight: How much time will I have to dedicate to it, how serious do I want to be with it, is it serious? It's not serious, it's a book blog, it can't be serious, it's just fun...but all that fun is writing reviews, finding more books, reading on deadlines, actually being online, that doesn't seem fun, but BOOKS!! And talking to people about the books I love!! Gushing with people over how much we loved a book is fun! Finding new books to potentially love is fun! End inner-fight. x)

      I'll probably just start to actually review on GR and being more active on some blogs, because as your family and half of me think it's not as important as *important* things (but isn't reading always a good/important thing?)


      Also..I think your GFC count might actually change tomorrow o_o. I'm not sure exactly as I haven't really read about it, but I think only GFC users with a blog will be keeping their GFC stuff, so users without a blog will pretty much go *poof*. But hey, atleast you did hit 1k!

      Now you just have to harass em all over to Linky/other ways to follow and keep track of your total followers instead of only one way? Except then you'll be counting the same people multiple times if they follow different ways....hahah. Stupid gfc.

      Congratulations again!!

      Delete
    2. You are kind of funny! I'm glad I wrote that I arrived at 1,000 if some of 'em will *poof!* jajajajaja The Linky Thingame is new & I like it along with the rest. Mostly I love all the fun comments - like yours!!

      Your blogging comments make me want to write a whole blog post about Why I Love Blogging. Mostly... it's whatever you want it to be, you know. And I obsessively write already. Much more than I post, actually. (Unbelievably!!)

      My fav part is chatting about books with other book lovers... LOVE you comments on The Giver. I am that passionate about some books, too. I wish The Giver would've been on my To-Read list in school especially after your comments, but I'm mostly glad I finally read it!

      Did you read the series?

      Delete
    3. I replied on The Giver review about that so I'll leave that convo there as to not confuse! :)

      You definitely should write a why you love blogging post! Those are always my favourite posts on blogs, because it really puts it into perspective. I don't remember it anymore, but last year every week (for a month maybe?) this blog I read made a post about blogging...the reasons they love/hate and everything in between of the various aspects: people they converse with, reviewing, contacting people for books, etc and it was really cool to read. Food for thought!

      Also, it doesn't happen often but..I definitely bookmarked your blog (I'm guilty of just passing through for giveaways!) It makes me sad when I try to talk to other bloggers and they never respond to their comments, even if I ask a question :(. So thank you for being awesome and responding!!

      So..Hi. I'm Kali! Nice to meet you ;) I see we share a love for things book related...

      Delete
    4. jajajaja Nice to meet you, too!! Hilarious.

      I do love books, that's for sure. I've learned an awful lot about blogging, too, since I started. It would be fun to blog about it since I learn something new so often.

      Thx for bookmarkin' my blog! :-) I attempt to make all the posts interesting!!

      I will write about that.... you got me thinkin'...

      Delete
  2. Has anyone ever told you that you are awesome? I'm sure they have, but just in case you haven't heard it lately: YOU. ARE. AWESOME!!!! You totally just made my day, you have no idea. I always look forward to reading your blog and I have to tell you that your questions for giveaways are always the most fun to answer. Congrats on reaching 1000 followers, that is amazing! You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha You're proving my point!! "Kind & thoughtful"!!! I have more fun than is legal, I think, especially asking questions!! THANKS!!

      Delete
  3. Again I am soooo happy to have won the angel book! :D And if you want to read the werewolf story you can find it here: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/281791-into-the-woods
    or at Christina's who I am writing the story with: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/281787-into-the-woods?chapter=1

    We upload every week a chapter of it on GR :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and I enjoyed reading and seeing the comments and posts that got you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where's the "like" button for smiling at comments?! Thanks!!!

      Delete
  5. Awww Laura, you made me shed tears! sniff! you are sooo sweet! The SWEETEST EVER! and CONGRATULATIONS in reaching 1000 followers! OMG!! that's a huge number! You absolutely deserve it. You have work very hard! =D

    I had no idea I was the first no-relative follower lol! My first followers were relatives too LOL! =D I wish you many more followers and even much more many books in your shelves!!!

    Have a lovely weekend!! muah!!!!!!!!!!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me blush at least three times in a row. It's not that obvious that I worked hard, is it? I'm so compulsive, I feel like I'm playing... only results just encourage me. (yikes!)
      THX!!!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on 1,000 GFC followers! You *should* be excited. :-) Using Blogger, you shouldn't have any problem with GFC; they just no long support any other blogging platforms. :-( I lost a few hundred people. I hope they all found another way to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm following you a few different ways... just to make sure!! :-) Love your post on reviewing. NICE!!!

      Delete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.