I gravitate towards pictures on Saturday. I mean, we've had a great week of blogging and I've met a bunch of new bloggers, now I want some relaxing eye-candy. There's some meme's with pictures, but they don't quite satisfy my surging love for beauty. 'Cause resting or reading, I want to be... somewhere wildly imaginative!! :-) I say "enough with reality!" Or, some days I do say that, anyway.
But that's not reason enough to start a new thingame, right?
Here's some real reasons:
Pinterest is a resource for finding stuff fast. There's a visual picture connected to the web location it originated from and when I click on it, I can follow it back to it's source. And pictures are repinned all over the place. (Yesterday I discovered how to organize my house week by week in a year. Yikes!!)
So... I upload my picture of Midnight in Austenland, for example, and note that I have a Giveaway. People following me might see my picture and say, "hey, that's cool!" and pin it to their own board, maybe under "Books Worth Reading" or "Awesome blogs". (Oh Yea!!)
Then their friends see my picture and repin it, etc, etc, and someone I've never met who knows none of my connections clicks on my picture to see if my Giveaway is still going - I mean, to read my awesome review - and WHAM! I have a new friend.
(It's a bit of a jump, but that makes sense, right?)
Of course, I'm following as many book bloggers as I can find and I like checking out their book covers and blogs and pinning their uploaded pix on my boards to share with my followers. Luckily for me, someone is already assembling a Pinterest Book Blogger Directory. (No kidding!! How cool is that?!)
[Um... when you go to BlogHer's site, you "search" Pinterest and you'll find it. You know what... If you figure out how to link directly to her list, lemme know. I'll keep a running copycat on a page... 'cause this is cool.]
There's lots of Book-Related things you can gather... to hook up with followers (or to have fun on Saturdays).
These are my boards:
- Books Worth Reading – I post the covers, etc, of books as I review them and they link back here.
- Books, Books, Books!! – These are cool pictures of books I find that I can't keep my fingertips off of. Stacks of books, bookmarks linking back to Etsy, cool lookin' journals or journaling ideas.
- Bookshelves – There are so many amazing libraries. I like to gaze at them and drool.
- Colorimetry Pictures – I usually use a few pix for blog hops and fun stuff... and I upload 'em to share or whatever. Why not?
- Authors - I have lots of author pictures, so I gather them in one place, handy-like.
- Inspiring Pictures... I gather stuff for the book I'm writing that might give me ideas plus I love imaginary nooks and faeries and stuff. All those faery pictures I got for that giveaway last month? They're all on there.
You still don't believe me? Here's BlogHer's opinion and links to her cool book bloggin' pages.
If you would like on the list... email me or BlogHer to get on!!
FYI – Please see this post on Pinterest Etiquette if you are unsure how to use Pinterest correctly or if you are worried that your Pinterest posts could be considered copyright infringement. Also, I believe Pinterest is still invitation only. If you are not on Pinterest yet, simply have me email an invite to you or request one.
J – L
O – P
Q – R
T – U
W – Z
There’s A Book: (The 1st Daughter)