Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patrick's Day - snapshot

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! 

Is anyone fixing something special to eat? My grandma always used to fix corned beef as her lil' celebration. At school we used to pinch each other if someone wasn't wearing green. Cool, huh?  I'm still nervous about not wearing some green somewhere. One day getting pinched every time you turn around will do that to ya.  (Does underwear count?  Yea!!)

My husband's got a booth & truck at the Portland Roadster Show - the biggest car show in town, kickin' off this year's shows. He's got green candy today to share in the free candy bowl at his booth.  That's our big celebration.  I know, we really woop it up!  Lol.

Trinity made a Leprechaun Trap for a school project. She'll give a speech next week on how she designed and decorated it. (They start in 1st grade now, giving speeches!!)

The Leprechan will look inside and see a cute hang out with a mini green blanky, a mini green stuffed animal & coins... and he'll crawl inside through the netting and the trap door with suddenly shut and he'll be trapped!  Cute?!  :-)



I thought it'd be a perfect picture to celebrate today and join in with the Snapshot Meme hosted by At Home With Books.  The rule is basically to share a picture you took yourself at some time. If you got one to share, let me know!!!  Have a great day today!!!!!  And tell me...

How are you celebrating St. Patrick's Day?!

14 comments:

  1. Haha leprechaun trap! That's so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea for a school project! I wish one of my teachers had come up with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... i know!! Me, too!!! We found a really great school... and moved there! Lol

      Delete
  3. Today was cub scout pinewood derby race day for us - and my boys won first and second! The leprechaun trap is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!!!! My boys LOVE those derby races - well, so does Trinity. I meant to let 'em build one... or find a cub scout troup or something. "Meant to"s fly by!!!

      Delete
  4. Leprechaun trap ? I want one...I'm missing my pot of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Happy St P's day to you, too!!! I hope you had a GREAT one!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Love this school project! Fun from beginning to end ... bet shehas fun explaining all her tricky gadgets that will attract her leprechaun! hope she caught one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being an authentic kid, she's concerned with the details, alrighty, especially the parts where mom was TOO helpful and she's not sure what my plan was. She totally revamped the netting to trap him with a flip-down door. I guess I was having too much fun "helping"!!! Lol.

      Apparently, those lil' leprechauns made a big mess in the classroom while the kids were home for the weekend. Now they're giving "speeches" of how they designed their traps. Great project!!

      Delete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.