Thursday, May 3, 2012

Feature and HAPPY to Follow!!

Feature & Follow 
is hosted by 


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. Check the hosting blogs to join Linky and make sure to follow-follow-follow!!  Follow me, I'll follow you back!!

This week Featuring...

The Housework Can Wait (I know we'll be best of friends just 'cause of yer name!!) & Ali's Bookshelf

And the awesome question is:



Q: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?



Oh... I get tongue-tied, so I wish I could tell them everything I love about their book instead of standing there with my jaw lying on the floor.  Then I wish I could ask them to write another sequel of my favorite book... and then I would dare to ask if I could "help" read it before it goes to publishing!  And then I'd wanna say "No!! I'm not crazy!! I'm not stalking you, really!!!!" when obviously I am. (Crazy & stalking, both.)



I'm getting some FUN answers from entries in the Spring Fling Giveaway. Here's some cheerful spring-y comments!!!


From Steph:

From Di:

And a poem from Kate:

Here's a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson called Spring Carol. It's one of my favourites.

When loud by landside streamlets gush,
And clear in the greenwood quires the thrush,
With sun on the meadows
And songs in the shadows
Comes again to me
The gift of the tongues of the lea,
The gift of the tongues of meadows.

Straightway my olden heart returns
And dances with the dancing burns;
It sings with the sparrows;
To the rain and the (grimy) barrows
Sings my heart aloud—
To the silver-bellied cloud,
To the silver rainy arrows.

It bears the song of the skylark down,
And it hears the singing of the town;
And youth on the highways
And lovers in byways
Follows and sees:
And hearkens the song of the leas
And sings the songs of the highways.

So when the earth is alive with gods,
And the lusty ploughman breaks the sod,
And the grass sings in the meadows,
And the flowers smile in the shadows,
Sits my heart at ease,
Hearing the song of the leas,
Singing the songs of the meadows.