Friday, January 18, 2013

Coffee Break!

Hi All!

Just thought I'd pop my head up and say "hi". I'm organizing. I have my cool apron with some kids' artwork all over it and splattered paint. My hair's tied up in a bun and there's flour flying everywhere unless there's paper scattered about... underfoot, on every surface. It's not really a great time for company, but then again, it's always a great time for a visit.
coffee

So... grab a cup of coffee (or something) and pull up a chair.

How's 2013 going for you so far?

I'm wondering why this year thinks it can take off at high speeds so early on. It's like... because it has a "13" in it's name, it thinks it has special privileges, or something. Don't you get the feeling that 2013 has high opinions of itself?  And this is very early for such behavior.

January always yells "taxes" at me, being a small business owner. It's time to decide what exactly happened in 2012, which was a rather mysterious year that still doesn't want to cough up its secrets. But taxes are not nice chatting topics, so excuse me. *cough*gag*burp*

This year, January means Prism Book Tours. I'm trippin' along Evie's Knight Tour, barely keeping track of who's posting now and who's next... WHILE planning A Cast of Stones and Lancaster House. Three tours. This week. I feel behind on my plans for all of them. Also probably not a chatty subject. *sigh*

Well, don't even get me started on Book Reviews. I mean... I still have books I read in 2012 that I haven't posted reviews on, which just makes me ill. It's a wonder I sleep at night. At least I'm only behind on two reviews for 2013 so far. That's pretty good, considering. *crickets*  Now... come on, this is something everyone can confess a little on, right?

Wait! Who said "resolutions"?!  Wha-?!?!  *snort* Wise guy. Go ahead. You brought it up. What are your New Year Resolutions? I'm still pretending I'll get around to 'em some day. I don't have any, yet. That I am aware of. So, speak up so we can all hear... what are yours?!

I'm going to get another cup of coffee... this morning is threatening to turn into afternoon already...

12 comments:

  1. Hum... the cup of tea will be for later but i can take 5min to answers.... i always have hope for the new year but seeing how things started i will say that i will start my new year at the chineese time so i get a little reprieve ^^;;

    My resolution was to start taking care of me ( for the blog post at least one review per week...) and so far it's big failure . My mother was sick ( still is by the way) during the holidayus as was my brother... result i did all the work, pressure for the holidays and bam 2013start with me being ill ( normal after 3virus surrounding me) still positive but then the boxed set my lmother ordered for me as a present don't arrive and now it more than 1month so really no hopes lefts ( bad news first) this week, i was terrified because my dog suddenly stopped eating and moving so emergency and such but good news: he is well better already ( he had a virus we suppose but a very high fever 43, so 3 injectiosn and 2 kinds of antibiotics... 2h after the injection he wanted to eat and moved so good^^)
    now all that pressure and stress took me down and as i was hoping for a good night of sleep so my blood pressure could balance itself... i('m dragged out of bed by my brother shputing and angry because he had a problem with his computer-_- problem fixed, brother happy but now blood pressure at such a low level that i've difficulty to stand up, can't eat etc.... so much for taking care of me........ but still! i will manage lot of rest and things will be alright so i will still hope and start anew in some days weeks? at chineese new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. That's quite the year so far. Starting with the Chinese is a BRILLIANT idea! I think I'm with you on that one!!

      Delete
  2. Actually, I decided to do the honest, responsible thing and NOT set any resolutions. I'm so bad at actually keeping up with them, I thought it was a waste of time and energy. No resolutions for me *phew*

    But yes, 2013 seems a little bit too...dare I say cocky? The days seem to run away faster (or maybe that's just the fact that exams are getting nearer *whimpers*)

    Book reviews...*hangs head* I have so many to write, it'll take a lifetime. Unfortunately, I'm not as fast as writing the reviews as I am at reading. Maybe I'll make that my resolution: finish the book, write the review. That'll be fun, right? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resolutions that involve reading sound like a lot of fun. Maybe we should just make resolutions on how many books to read and skip all the other responsible stuff!! :-D YEA!

      Delete
    2. *dreamy sigh* I'd love that! In my perfect world, I'd get paid to just read. No reviewing, no commenting, no feedback, just reading. Yes, my lazy side is dictating how that dream world looks like :P Oh and there would be rivers of coffee. No sugar, or cream or other ickyness in my coffee, just plain black coffee. *sigh*

      Delete
    3. Lol. That does sound dreamy, doesn't it?

      I've never heard of cream as "ickyness" Lol. Just the word "cream" implies creaminess. Crackin' up...

      Delete
  3. It is January 18th already *gasp* Where the hell those 18 days went to? Is insane!! Is in moments like this, I tell you, that I wonder what I'm doing with my winter break (Which is, in retrospective, almost over.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh... I know. Busy days are comin' up on you fast!!

      I hope you get a nice break this weekend, Vale... what a week you've had!!!

      Delete
  4. Life by the seat of your pants...yay! Do take time to breathe and bubble bath somewhere in between all the crazy there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. World's Most Latest Vehicles and Latest Cars pictures, Most speed and Expensive Cars with hot pictures
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.