On Tour with Red Adept Publishing...
Oracle of Philadelphia
Book One: Earthbound Angels
by Elizabeth Corrigan
Carrie works at a diner in South Philadelphia, dispensing advice to humans and angels wise enough to seek her counsel. But there are some problems that even the best advice can’t solve.
Her latest supplicant, Sebastian, is unique among those who have sought her aid. He sold his soul to a demon in exchange for his sister’s life, but his heart remains pure.
Carrie has lived for millennia with the knowledge that her immortality is due to the suffering of others, and she cannot bear to see another good man damned when it is within her power to prevent it.
In order to renegotiate his contract, Carrie must travel into the depths of hell and parley with the demons that control its pathways. As the cost of her journey rises, Carrie must determine how much she is willing to sacrifice to save one good soul.
Elizabeth has degrees in English and psychology and has spent several years working as a data analyst in various branches of the healthcare industry. When she’s not hard at work on her next novel, Elizabeth enjoys singing, reading teen vampire novels, and making Sims of her characters.
She drinks more Diet Coke than is probably optimal for the human body and is pathologically afraid of bees. She lives in Maryland with two cats and a purple Smart Car.
Top Ten (Imaginary) Fights or Great Conflicts
As anyone who has been in social media contact with me knows, I have taken this task set to me, that of listing the top ten (imaginary) fights or great conflicts, very seriously. At first, I had a hard time deciding whether this meant fictional fights or hypothetical fights, and I eventually settled on the latter, if only because it seemed a more achievable task. I surveyed my social circle and scoured the internet, employing the criteria of wide appeal and familiarity, though where all else fails, I used my own personal preferences. Scientifically validated it is not, but I hope that people find their favorites on the list.
Disclaimer: This list may make me seem more like a geek/nerd than I am. Or it might be an accurate representation of reality.
10. Myself now vs. Myself 5 years ago – Now, in my case, this is almost certainly going to be the most pathetic fight on the list, as combat between any version of myself is almost certain to look like the Xander vs. Harmony battle in season 4 of Buffy. Me of 5 years ago was thinner and in better shape, but she was also hungrier, so I might have to call this a draw.
9. Monk vs. Psych – This might be a little too obscure, and it’s not really a fight to the death. But ever since the days where USA had character crossover commercials, I wanted to see a crossover episode of Monk and Psych where Monk and Shawn tried to out-detective each other. My money is on Shawn, since I’m pretty sure that spending even one day in his company would have Monk running for the hills.
8. Buffy vs. Edward – Twilight fans or no, we all must admit that there is something especially entertaining about the idea of the vampire slayer going to school with the Cullen family.
7. Cavemen vs. Astronauts – The ultimate question of brains vs. brawn, and also the backdrop to one of the most depressing episodes of Angel ever. I believe consensus has the men with clubs winning the day here.
6. Ceiling Cat vs. Basement Cat – The internet phenomenon that is the lolcat provides endless entertainment to me, and so too does the eternal battle between Ceiling Cat and Basement Cat. I’m not sure who will win out here. Basement Cat is scrappier and has more minions, but Ceiling Cat sees everything.
5. Kirk vs. Picard – Fans of old and even older Star Trek may still raise this debate on occasion, though I think everyone knows that Kirk would shoot first.
4. Pirates vs. Ninjas – While I have to concede that, given the choice, I would be a ninja rather than a pirate, I’m not completely sure that the cannons and chaos would not win the day.
3. Chuck Norris vs. anyone – I have a shameful confession to make. I find Chuck Norris jokes hilarious. To everyone else on World of Warcraft they are the source of constant irritation. To me, they are the only reason to stay on trade chat.
2. Presidential Knife Fight – The basic premise is that if all of the US Presidents were put in a no holds barred knife fight, who would win. Abraham Lincoln gets points for being a vampire hunter, but anyone who thinks Teddy Roosevelt would not win is clearly wrong.
1. Robots vs. Zombies – Think about it. We all know that one day the dead will rise and try to eat our brains. And we also know that one day our artificial intelligence will grow so smart that it will rebel against its makers. Imagine if these two things happened at the same time. This is a blockbuster movie waiting to happen.
Name a Character in Book 2 of the Earthbound Angel Series, $10 Amazon, Tote, Mug
See Rafflecopter for restrictions, all my rules under the About tab apply.
a Rafflecopter giveaway