Saturday, March 22, 2014

Working... and my Newest Books!

Can't Complain...

I see blue skies!

We get so much rain in Oregon it's depressing. We don't play in it (normally). Or take pictures of it. Lol. We do things like... see how far we can get without purchasing an umbrella. 'Cause Oregonians grudgingly resort to umbrellas. They are like admitting defeat. Like the rain won. It's not like they work anyway, 'cause of the wind. It'd take a bodysuit to stay dry. And rubber boots. That would be even worse defeat. So we dress up and head out in it with cute hats on. Lol. We put up with droopy hair styles 'cause no one protects their hair from the moisture in the air. It's very bad to show up at a destination looking like a drowned rat, though. I suppose that's also defeat. Lol.

I'm not very good at conquering the elements without looking like it business-style, yet. There are more umbrellas downtown and there's some of those itty bitty compact ones that fit in a purse. Lol. I've been eyeballin' 'em 'cause I don't really have a hat or hood on my coat. It's like I need 5 different coat weights and I'm trying to make do with 3 and it's not working.

I need an umbrella. Darn it.


Stacking the Shelves

In other news...  I found these deals for Nook - did you pick them up, yet?  Click the cover to go to B&N and pick 'em up - only $1.99 each!

Dragonriders of Pern: Dragonflight, Dragonquest, The White Dragon  A Breath of Eyre

I've read The Dragonriders of Pern too many times to count, but I didn't have this version, yet. I compare every dragon I ever read about to these dragons... and Lessa totally rocks.  I haven't read A Breath of Eyre, yet.  Have you?

From NetGalley:

            

I had to grab a couple titles at the library, too:

Frozen (Heart of Dread, #1)  Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)

Since I'm reading about one book a week, this is rather... obsessive-compulsive action. I like having so many books available to read, I guess.  If I had to choose ONE, which one should I read?!