Friday, December 9, 2011

Follow Friday - Book for everyone

Follow My Book Blog Friday is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read... hop over to join in this fun way to meet other book bloggers!!



This week's Featured Blogs are:
  
Keeping Up With Roxy's Books

anonymous reads











Q: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?
Um. Well, the Bible is the obvious answer (If you don't have one & you want one, I will seriously mail you one.) 
Besides that, I'm trying to think of a book that I would buy for everyone which is a little tricky, don't you think?  Not everyone likes my favorite YA fantasy genre (which, what's up with that?!) 
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
I think Hugo Cabret could please the widest range of audience - it's smart, creative, mysterious, historical, intricate, adventurous and worth reading regardless of age, gender, genre. Plus... it's a super-fast read, even for budding readers, even with 533 pages. Will the movie will be able to pull off the wide audience draw the book can?
Half-drawn, Half-written, One of a Kind (Except for Wonderstruck.
What book do you think?

(Don't forget to enter my Gift Card Giveaway before you leave!!)




11 comments:

  1. i'm going to see the movie today! great pick!

    Following you here!! Will you stop by my post?! I have a giveaway going on as well! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-great-ya-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it yet! I'm curious about it (and the movie)

    Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read that book, but maybe I'll check it out. Thanks for following me, I'm following back!

    http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promised a couple of fellow book bloggers I wouldn’t “machine gun” my Follow Friday posts on the blogs I visit but this week’s Follow Friday has inspired me to make an important exception.

    The book I think everyone should read is a work of non-fiction called The Four Hour Workweek. The thing is, the book is very well written and entertaining so it reads like a work of fiction. What the book can do to enhance your life and change the way you live day by day seems unbelievable on its face which might mark it a legitimate work of fiction for the skeptics out there.

    If you read this work of non-fiction and really follow the advice it gives and apply the insights you’ll gain, your life will read like a modern tale fairytale.

    I encourage, implore and even insist you follow me back to my book blog so you can find out why I think EVERYONE should read The Four Hour Workweek – http://www.howardsherman.net

    TGIFF!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time hearing about this book, Sounds great though! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do want to read this (and see the movie).
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I didn't even think of it, but so, SO true! There are so many Christians around who don't even read the Bible. And some parts, I mean from a pure literary criticism stanpoint, are beautiful, like the psalsm and Solomon's Song...

    Oh, I have to share this story (you reminded me with your offer to send one!). My husband had his locker at work robbed once... and someone stole his Bible. He kind of figured they needed it, so didn't mind XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard such good things about Hugo the movie, but I didn't realize it was a book. Where have I been, huh? It looks like a good pick for my sons. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I never even thought about Hugo. I just featured Wonderstruck in Shelf Candy a few weeks ago. I agree, great gifting choice.
    New follower.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.