Okidoki... this is NEW TO ME. It's sort of fun and sort of like... "I hope this only happens once 'cause I hate saying 'no', but I'll learn to use that weapon if I must!!!" You know? 'Cause I am careful not to post 20 times a day. I'm one of those chatty sorts that enjoys hearing myself type, or something... so DON'T ENCOURAGE ME!!! The folks around here like to eat sometimes and navigate around the house without bonking their knees on things, but I am easily distracted. *ahem* Yes... I think I can blame some distraction on taggers!! The "good" thing is, I was tagged three times in a row, BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!!! I am going to pretend this is a popularity contest and I just won. I don't know how to handle it, never having been "popular" before, so my head has swelled remarkably and shall likely pop all over the place right about.... NOW:
Reading With My Eyes Shut is Tagger #1 (very prestigious, being first!)
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
QUESTIONS FOR WHO I TAG
- What was the last book that made you tear up/cry? Laugh out loud? Does laughing and crying in frustration count? Goddess Interrupted. If you mean seriously... Don't Breathe a Word.
- What new book are you most excited to read this year? Echoes of Betrayal, Scarlet, Pandemonium, Palace of Stone, Insurgent... I'll think of more lying in bed tonight
- If you could spend the evening with one author, living or dead, who would it be? Oh. Robin McKinley. CS Lewis. George MacDonald. I think I'd enjoy Lauren Oliver a lot. Holly Cupala is soooo nice - her, too. Wait... you said "one" - are you crazy?!
- If you could be reincarnated as one of your favorite characters, who would it be and why? Harry in The Blue Sword 'cause she's so awesome. I fell in love with Daria long ago... I'm just not the same away from it!
- If you could pick an author to write the story of your life, who would you choose? That's not a fair question. Probably Robin McKinley (again) 'cause she can build up dramatically and then FINISH! with Amazing Girl Doing Awesome Things... and not dying or losing their love or any of that. Can't have that for my life!! If we're talkin' MY LIFE here, I wanna play it right!
- What’s your favorite cook book? Jajajaja Who says I follow directions?! Girl... I am nothin' if not random.
- Edward v Jace. Who wins that fight? (Whether or not you like the books or characters, be fair about their attributes!) Now see... I still gotta read those Immortal books, so I can't give Jace a fair shot. I'd say Edward from the BOOKS is unbeatable. Edward from the MOVIES is done-fer.
- Dumbledore v Gandalf. Same question. Now you're just embarrassing me. I haven't read Harry Potter - or seen more than 1/2 of one move! And it's been over a decade (or two *squeak!*) since I read The Lord of the Rings (didn't watch them, either.) I'm going to crawl under a rock now, unworthy of being a book blogger.
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? You know who got it right? Anne of Green Gables. I'm a horrible critic of movies (refer to question 8.)
- What book would you want to buy a special edition for? Uh... "have" for Robin McKinley's Beauty & The Blue Sword, Shannon Hale's Forest Born. I'd get so many special editions if I could... so many. Must have 'em.
- What, if anything, do you snack on while you’re reading? :-) Great question!! Apples, these Grissini breadsticks left over from Gung-Ho Diet, peanut butter on anything (incl. a spoon) and TEA!! Always tea.
The 2nd Tagger is Kathy's Reviews (2 in this case is highly prestigious, too, b/c she didn't know about #1):
(The Rules are exactly the same as the above rules... so refer up there, please!)
1. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring five books with you, what would they be?
This question make me want to call you names and throw things.
1 - Bible
2 - Sunshine
3 - Jane Eyre
5 - Pride & Prejudice
2. What's a favorite quote from a book you've read recently?
"More secrets. How did I end up keeping so many?" pg 178 A Great and Terrible Beauty
3. What is your favorite thing about writing a book blog?
1 - Releasing all those thoughts and feelings about what I'm reading and
2 - finding people who feel the same way!!
4. What is your favorite title to a book ever?
I like "The Name of the Wind" - I'm fascinated with wind and it's personality, not to mention the power of names. One word titles pack a great punch, though, don't they?
5. What is your favorite cover to a book ever?
I really love this cover:
I like fog and mysterious pictures - she's wearing a beautiful dress deep underwater - I like it.
6. What book are you most looking forward to reading right now?
I have a stash of books I'm sure I'll love and I am eating my veggies of review books first before I dive into dessert: Under the Never Sky, Shatter Me, The Pledge & Daughter of Smoke & Bone (YUM!!)
7. If you could live in the universe of any book, which one would you choose?
I said Daria of The Blue Sword and The Hero & the Crown before... so I'll say Pern. I would SO love to ride a dragon!!!!
8. Eff, Marry, Kill: three characters from books you've read.
Ok - Marry - my Cool, Man!! (sheesh!) Eff - not likely. Kill... um... I'll come back to this.
9. What's your favorite book to movie adaptation? See above.
10. What's your least favorite book to movie adaptation?
Easy: just watched Breaking Dawn Part I. My husband hasn't read the books and couldn't follow the story line without some filler information, which is horrible. Despite plenty of action to be had, the story CRAWLED at such a slow pace, it was awful.
Those are not easy questions, chica!!!
Finally (soooo prestigious!!) Dandelion Dreams tagged me:
The rules are EXACTLY the same, so refer (again) to the top. Thx.
This blog is where I stole the "Tag" picture as well as my "Wow" picture this week. Very creative, Kelly. Keep up the creativity!! :-)
Questions (copy and paste when you respond to them):
2. What is your favorite book and what song best describes it? See? I hate figuring out musical stuff. I live in a world filled with LMFAO, car engines revving, songs chosen for their deep base vibes and turned up at high volume so we can run around the loop unable to hear each other talk. I listen to Enya by myself, or the alternative radio station. If a song has words, I can't read along with it so well.... I tune out music like I tune out the TV or the impromptu game of basketball in the dining room.
3. Are you planning to watch The Hunger Games movie and if not, why? Probably, but see above how I'm nervous it won't compare!!
4. Did you ever read Archie comics as a kid? If so, who was your favorite character? If not, what was your favorite comic? I liked the black haired girl who wasn't nice, what's her name? Veronica!
5. Do you read the last page before starting a book, or do you wait until the end to read it? I wait. If I'm freakin' out about the book, sometimes I peak ahead.
6. Is there a book that reminds you of a person, or time and place in your life? Most of my favorite guy characters remind me of my husband a little - 'cause he's not a passive sort. *cough*
7. Is there a person that you always take book advice from? Or whose reviews you always read? Calico Reaction. Or rather,Robin McKinley who said good things about Calico Reaction's review of Pegusus awhile back. I love her thoroughness and I've picked up a book she was reading just to share thoughts with her.
8. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry while reading it? (cookbooks excluded): Yea... Elizabeth Moon makes me hungry in all of her books. She describes the stew so well, I can taste it... or the fresh grown garden on the space ship?! Catches me off guard.
9. What book have you read that everyone hated but you liked? And what book do you hate but everyone else seems to love? Why do you like/hate it? Well... I'm afraid to even say the word "Twilight" outloud. It's like a mob-inducing word, like starting a fight between lovers and haters or sending people running and screaming from my blog or getting smothered with fan love. I honestly enjoyed the books - read 'em as one volume, one right after the other. I felt like Bella was just waiting for her moment to become strong, and who doesn't do that? I thought Edward was great in the books, consistent and "the best". I didn't mind their true-love-at-first-sight. I hated the justification of "loving" Jacob. I didn't like the "good enough" theme. Basically, Bella gave so much weight to her feelings as if feelings aren't changeable by nature. But that's not what I hear people complaining about. I don't comment on anything Twilight, anymore, after accidently offending a non-fan. The series just isn't treated with objectivity at all. I think that answers both sides of the question!!!
10. And the ultimate question: Zombies or Unicorns? Jajajaja I will probably switch to Zombies some day, but for now, I'm with the Unicorns.Fun Questions!!! :-)
So... basically I should be picking 33 bloggers to tag, huh? Here is where I bend the rules, forcing my will upon them, zapping them with my bolt of lightning!!! ZAP!
I hereby reduce this lovely Tagging thing down to the following 11 lucky bloggers!!!
I chose you veeeery carefully, with much thought and goodwill. (All true.) Each of these bloggers was so kind as to comment on my blog this past week. (See? I'm honoring commenters!!!!) And I chose each based on (wildly) guessing that they might like to increase their follower count by playing around in the blogging world.
Now say you already are posting three times a day and can't fit this in your schedule? I'm sympathetic. Too bad.
Kidding!! Of course, you can opt out.
You do realize you're decreasing the fun dramatically b/c you've been chosen three times in a row by me, right?
Just joking. It's all for fun.
And to make sure it's FUN, here's some awesome questions for you to answer!!!! (copy & paste 'em over to answer):
1. Do you have an all-time favorite book? Which one?
2. If you could move into a book, which book would it be? (Your favorite?)
3. Is there a scene burned on your memory? Do share!
4. Is there an author that you own (almost) all of their books? Who?
5. What question would you ask any author?
6. What book did you rate the highest in the past month or two? Why?
7. Have you pre-ordered a book for 2012? Which one(s) can't you wait to get?
8. I'm looking for a great read... what book do you recommend?
9. What would you like to see more of in books?
10. Describe to me what sort of person YOU would be in a book!
I hearby dub you "Tagged!":
2. Jennifer @ A Reader's Journey
3. Sarah @ That Teenage Feeling
4. Bluestocking Lady @ 3500 Words per Pound
5. Cayce @ Fighting Dreamer
6. Miss Vain @ Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy
7. Bittner @ Abducted by Books
8. Jaden @ Girls on YA Books
9. Gabby @ Bookmarks & Bookshelves
10. Cathy @ Addicted to Books
11. Devon @ Book Strings