Friday, March 23, 2012

FF - Longest Book?

Feature & Follow is a hang out specifically for visiting other book blogs, meeting new book bloggers and discussing cool questions with (new) friends... I'm all about cool questions and today's is great!

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #89 

Our wonderful hosts are Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read. Hop over to join the link on their sites, or comment your answer below!!

Featuring...

Sarah's Books & Life Button  poppy2 Feature & Follow #89



Q: What is the longest book you've read? What are your favorite 600+ page reads?



The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)I read Wise Man's Fear (994) immediately after The Name of the Wind (662)...  on my Nook, so I didn't realize it was 1658 pgs until now. Together, they're the longest read for me.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)I think Wise Man's Fear improved a lot by following first book immediately... it's not so good as a standalone.  Actually... if you're interested in reading the series, I'd wait 'til the next book comes out and read 'em all together. There's so much going on and plenty left hangin'. I was planning on rereading 'em myself... not realizing how many pages I was talking about. I'm not sure I wanted to know this information!!! 

The Deed of PaksenarrionMaybe I month later I dove into The Deed of Paksenarrion, which was also amazing. I cried, I shook the book, I swore undying fealty to Elizabeth Moon forever. Love!

ChristyI remember the first time I held a thick volume in my hand with a deep sigh of anticipation - it was Christy by Catherine Marshall. Have you read that?!  It's only 501 pgs.  I started it in the late afternoon and finished it around 4am back when I was young and could still function after being up all night.

(I've had kids... so mess with my sleep now, and ya git momma-bear GROWL!! Six years of being up half the night does weird things to ya!)

I love a really good big book, when the story is so great, you never want it to stop. Nothing is as tedious as a horrible book that never ends, though... I'm very happy to see everyone's answers this week...

What are your favorite 600+ page reads?!