Saturday, March 3, 2012

In My Sunday Mailbox

 In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren

Oh yea... it SNOWED this week! That's really our flamin' mailbox.

The Sunday Salon is a bunch of happy book readers sharing weekly updates!

And I am Burgandy Ice (Or "Mom" or "Laura" or "hey, you!") and this is Colorimetry and I always forget whatever pattern of something I wanted to do, so this weekly posts changes.... weekly!  :-D

I started getting organized last week 'cause I knew I was coming up on a milestone where bloggers are supposed to have some things figured out. That's sort of a high expectation in my world. Oh yes, I'm referring to The Spreadsheet.  (If it makes you think of taxes, me too. If you haven't done them already, best hop to it!  Yea... me, too.)


The Dawn Of AngelsIt's a good thing... 'cause I was able to read and review Embrace in time for the "mass review post" with Hollow Readers. And I should have The Dawn of Angels up this coming Thursday - on schedule. Amazing!  And hey... I figured out that this great angel book was on my computer, but not on my Nook... and then I figured out how to clean up my Nook so I could find the books I need to read. ASTONISHING!  The things book bloggers can figure out to do when motivated!!

I received Interrupted in the mail from a new Zondervan wonderful personage (or DJC, actually) who wants to send me books for free. There's just nothing to complain about there... I just said, "Uh... THANKS!" and got this beauty in the mail. I know Team Novel Teen is touring with this book in the next month, or so, -ish (according to my new spreadsheet), so I'll try to coordinate.

Tribute Tours had a new book for me, too, this week. I was ready to say, "No! I have too many books to read!" and then I read the premise and researched the author, which is always a good idea, anyway. And I about fell off my barstool (yes, I blog in the kitchen). This author is taking current world events and twisting them into a Dystopian. Oh yea, it's "fiction" and the idea just gives me shivers 'cause I'm all about Conspiracy Theory stuff. If The Quaker State Affair is as good as it looks, I'll be passing on some GOOSEBUMPS!!!  (Hey... is this a FIRST PEAK AT THE COVER?!  Um.. Ta Da!!!  The cover!)


Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)I also received an e-copy of Angelfall, which I'm excited to read. Since I'm reading so many angel books, it seems appropriate to read a few more - to compare and contrast, you know. Oh yea!!

This copy comes to me direct from Susen Ee, who was soooo nice. I really hope I love her books!!!  [Hey... maybe she'll let me know the release date and cover and title and stuff for Angelfall 2!!!!  Coming this fall!!!  I can hope!]

The Lure of ShapinsayGrave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)Grave Mercy snuck onto my Nook, too. I take zero responsibility for that. I mean, with a cover like that how could it NOT sneak onto my Nook?!  I ask you?!  I'm innocent.

India Was OneIntangibleUm... I think I accepted Intangible, too. *cough* And maybe The Lure of Shapinsay and maybe also India was One.  Honestly... getting organized felt empowering, is all I can say. I did NOT buy any books for myself. Ok... not for not trying to... Barnes & Noble was down when I purchased Echoes of Betrayal and I thought I'd just, uh, wait 'til some dust settled to see how many books I've agreed to review.


I got some books for Colorimetry readers. Not as many as I got, again, but that's how giving works, you know?  You receive a lot more than you give.  :-)

they should really put shopping carts in book stores. just saying.I went to the Library this week, too, which I shouldn't even mention. Except it was comical watching me try to carry out everything I had to grab. I found this picture on Pinterest that describes exactly how I feel... with my haul, with my spreadsheet, with 1,000+ followers, with my trip to the library.  Blessed beyond what I can carry!!!




(I'd mention the titles, but I'm not sure I can get to 'em!!)

 :-)  Jajajajaja  Hilarious. Good thing my haul fits on my Nook this week. But I have a stack from the library, too. Don't worry... I'll take some back to share. I just want the library to know they are stocking great books, so I checked out over 20 of 'em.  Jajajajaja


Happy Sunday!!!!

23 comments:

  1. Oh, I also got Grave Mercy from Net Galley. I mean, as you said...look at it. How could I avert my eyes and say no?

    Happy Sunday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I KNOW, RIGHT?! I've been drooling over this book since the first time I saw the cover. "be the wolf" in a beautiful dress with a bow?! Oh yea!!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post! I like the sound of your week...and I know what you mean about having to get organized. I'm thinking that I need something more than my little Microsoft Works Document to tell me what's up.

    I do have a page on my Curl up and Read blog for review books; other pages for Books Read, Books Purchased, etc.

    I got a free classic on Sparky (Kindle) this week. I love freebies, too.

    I'm going to have to take a step back on review books, as between Amazon Vine and Authors/Publishers, I'm starting to feel...well, stressed.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on "stressed". I keep repeating to myself "It's just for fun!" 'Cause I'm forgetting that part in my desire to fulfill all the commitments a Want to. You know? Yikes.

      Delete
  3. Such an adorable post, and I totally agree of that picture on pintrest! That is so totally me when I'm at the book store! The temptation is just so hard to resist :D All of your books looks great this week, I received Grave Mercy as well. Enjoy everything!

    Le Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea... people were looking at me funny when I left the library, 'cause the rest were e-copies and more inconspicuous. I was thinking if I didn't bring a tote in with me, I could only carry out what would fit in my arms. I just didn't know how much I was willing to try and carry out!! hahahahaha Too fun.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful haul this week! I adored "Grave Mercy" so I hope you do too! Enjoy them all!

    My IMM for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You already read it?!?! Well... Well!! Have you reviewed it, yet?! I'm so glad you adored it. I CAN'T WAIT!!

      Delete
  5. Hey, great mailbox this week. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhfhghg. I had a huge post and I pressed refresh by accident!

    I always go to my library with two huge totes and they're always overstuffed and books almost spilling out. The librarians always look at me like I'm crazy. I can't help it! I never knew of all these amazing YA books until the last few months and I need to catch up!! I'm so glad my library doesn't have a checkout limit. I'd be in there every week instead of once a month.

    Two or three weeks ago I figured out I could organized my books on my Kindle into collections. I spent a good two hours putting every series into a collection, or just an author with lots of stand alones into their own collection. My Kindle looks so neat now when you're browsing through it, like 6 pages of collections! Wooohooo. And no more having to click through 20 pages to find the next book in a series..

    I also organized my GR to-read shelf in the order I hope to read...I got bored!! ^_^

    I have Angelfall and I'll be reading it soon, I'm really excited for it. I see so many great reviews for it, and after the two books I just tried reading...omg I could use something that's awesome. I hope it lives up to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO!! Did you try the back button?! I can't tell you how many times I've erased stuff. I freeze, I "back-back-back" and then I start hollerin' at random people walking thru the kitchen. It's horrible. I'm so sorry!!!

      We should totally read thru Angelfall at the same time. Or the same days-ish so we can post reviews at once, or something. :-)

      Congrats on getting organized!! :-) My Nook is so fun, now, all cleaned up. I took everything I've read OFF - into the Nook back-up file on the computer instead of on my Nook. It's so neat and tidy, just new books lookin' at me, beggin' me to read 'em!!! :-D I just keep flippin' thru 'em to see 'em. Hahahaha Your pages sound sooooo flippable!!!

      Delete
    2. hahah! When I pressed refresh I was like "NO NOOOOO" I wish there was an un-refresh button but nothing like back works for words in a comment box I guess :(

      I plan to read Angelfall this month! I'm reading Matched right now. Ohmygosh is it soooo good! I dunno how long it'll take me to finish Matched and Crossed but probably not long. So probably the end of this week/weekend/next week, I'll start Angelfall. (Angels! Dystopia! My kind of book!)

      I have spring break next week so I will be catching up on my reading! I never have time with all these frigging 5-8 page research papers. Urhghghg. Sooo pumped. I have so many great dystopia's to catch up on. How have I read so few books!?!!!


      I actually never delete anything off of my Kindle. I'm always like "what if this is a book I won...and I deleted it off my computer...and then I can never have it back unless I buy it!??!" ahahah.

      Delete
    3. Oooh. I see you mention a few comments down something about an Angelfall read along. I'd do it!

      Delete
  7. Great set! I can't wait to read Grave Mercy. The Quaker State Affair sounds interesting.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe I think everyone picked up Grave Mercy this week! :)

    I love the cover of Angelfall!! So pretty!

    Michele | IMM | 2 Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone marketed that one well, don't you think? "Available for 48 hours only" or something and with a cover like that? Of course we all jumped!! Hahahaha I'm hearing it's good, too, tho, so... BONUS!!

      Delete
  9. I am waiting for my print, final copy of Grave Mercy which would make it sound like I have some control. In fact, I have enough review books stacked up to read either on my Kindle or in a physical stack that I don't think I'd get to it before publication anyway. I also have Angelfall on my Kindle because I heard so many great things about it. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to look at it yet. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Maybe I'll do an Angelfall read-a-long. Would you join in?

      Delete
  10. Funny Pinterest pic! I'm like that in a book store sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week Laura!;)
    I have Angelfall too, and EVERYONE raves about how amazing it is. I've had Grave Mercy on my "currently readung" shelf for several weeks now on GR, lol I guess it's time to actually read it. I hear it's fabulous. Hope you enjoy!;)

    Thanks for visiting my IMM :))
    P.s. love the snowy mailbox, I'm jealous it's probably 70 degree here today in Cali. I hate sun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Laura, it's me again lol. I commented you back on my blog about Of Poseidon, but in case you don't get it, I wanted you to know that it's available on Netgalley right now!;) Go request it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great looking haul! I will have to look some of these up....
    Thank for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.