Thursday, April 5, 2012

Right or Left Brain?

Ok. So... since Bloggiesta, I've been thinking of how to clean up my sidebars more. And I'm trying to organize my reviews in categories with their own pages... visually, of course, 'cause I'm a visual person and I hate written lists. Of course!

And I saw this post from Wading thru the Oceans of Life about this brain test.

I had to laugh... and take the test!!  No wonder I have no idea what category to put these books in, for cryin' outloud!!  I might as well have "Fav", "liked-a-lot" and "whatever" titles for as much sense as genre titles make to me.

Hey... maybe if categorizing stuff is easy, you could tell me what to file these under...
Replication The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray Redemption in Indigo The Last Unicorn The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making

Fairytale retellings?  Sci-Fi?  YA?  The Last Unicorn is under Adult at my library...  Wha?!?!

Or better, yet... take this test first and prove you can assist!!  Lol

Here's my awesome results:

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (68%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (32%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?
Personality Test by SimilarMinds.com

It's not my fault!!! They asked if I'm RANDOM, SCATTERBRAINED & MESSY... uh, hello!!!

Go on... I dare ya!!  Take the test and see if you're as nutty as me or need to help me get organized!!!

9 comments:

  1. 54% Left brain
    46% Right brain

    I have a hard time categorizing things too. But, I love organization. Sometimes, I just don't organize very well, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, right in the middle!!

      I gave up trying to organize in a way that "made sense" and just went with my favorite themes. Yikes!!!

      Delete
  2. That was fun. I'm 74% left brain. This was not news to me and anyone who knows me would not be surprised either. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh... perfect!! Am I making sense with all my new pages?! I'm having a lot of fun sorting my books onto the pages, but... I'm not sure if they're good categories?

      I couldn't just go YA & Adult - that bugs me 'cause I don't pay attention. MG is different... I can feel that when I read it. (Which makes me want to dump some YA into that category!!! Lol)

      So all the YA & Adult are separated into categories I'd like to look at. What do you think so far?!

      Delete
  3. Okay, just LOOK at this: "Overall you appear to have fairly Equal Hemispheres"
    I mean, I kind of already knew I'm a mess of everything-comes-inside-my-head + nothing-goes-away = I'm-pretty-&-pretty-screwed-up. but still.
    Oh, dear, I'm CRAZY!

    Well, it was 40% right 48% left, so that missing 12% may be somewhere near the abyss right in the middle of my brain. Which would be logical, since I LOVE sorting my things, & I go crazy if anyone moves them, but also I get my butt in a LOT of problems trying to sort things & be satisfied by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jajajajaja You're missing some brain?!?!

      I guess they mentioned that in the replies... not adding up to 100. Too funny!!

      Delete
  4. I took the test. Yep. Left brain dominant. That's me. I'm on a phone right now but look forward to checking out your organized pages as soon as I'm on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're still in progress... so I'm very appreciative of your thoughts!!! I'm going to change "Middle Grade" 'cause I saw an article saying adults shouldn't read YA and it just irked me no end. I don't want to organize based on "age" at all. Although maybe "recommend for" or "kids' reviews" might work.

      thx!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm overwhelmingly left-brained, which is just odd to me, as scattered and messy as I am. I even did it twice! I posted my results and linked back to you. http://www.livinglearninglovinglife.com/2012/04/are-you-right-brained-or-left-brained.html

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.