Thumbelina is one of my favorite fairytales. (Ok, I have lots of favorites.) But I am not finding pictures remotely close to my imagination. I read Handerson's version, um, somewhere closer to my beginning than I am now and my head is full of beautiful pictures.
I'll tell you the story, following Wikipedia's (rather boring) plot breakdown. Which do you like best for sweet Thumbelina?
1. Thumbelina grows from a barleycorn.
2. She is discovered by toads who want her to marry their son
3. She is rescued by butterfly and fish
5. The bug's friends don't like her.
6. A mouse takes her in for winter, but wants her to marry a mole. Ugh.
8. The swallow then rescues Thumbelina from marriage to the mole
9. He carries her away
10. Where she meets a prince
11. And is given wings
Enter Thumbelina's world:
12. By the Pond
13. Right out of the story
14. Miniature Glory
15. Hidden community
16. New Hope
17. Hm... the possibilities!
Maybe I got carried away this week. But as you can see, there are places to go with this story that are just waiting to be explored!!! These pictures are all off Pinterest. I'd be happy to follow you!!
Which picture is your favorite?