For 1) These pix are all about how muscle-y Tarzan is, how huge and how muscle-y. He's bigger than human. Which... maybe shouldn't be a complaint, but I'm attempting to post pictures that won't get my husband all worked up over my opinions. Then again... the wimpy actors posing in ancient scenes aren't doin' it for me, either.
2) There are more pictures of him rippin' the head off apes rather than hangin' out with 'em. Which makes him, what? Worse than an animal. Opposite of my opinion of him being the KING of all the wild animals. More like FEAR of the jungle, or something.
3) Tarzan's woman is.... wussy with luscious curves. UGH. "Oh, help me! Help me! I'm in the jungle!" Paleeeeeeze. This woman took on the KING of the jungle!!! And WON! Ha!
I must have dreamt up my version out of my (apparently vivid) imagination. I'll share a snippet of this and that ... but I'm sharing MY VERSION of Tarzan, which is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! And not this animalistic, overly re-done, "authorized" and "not authorized" thing.
I mean... 25 sequels?! Yea... the original has 25 sequels. No exaggeration. Wikipedia said it. Multiple TV shows and movies... MULTIPLE. This looks like a beaten idea. But there is hope. Maybe we needed a woman to rewrite the story. :-D
I'm following Amber @ Down the Rabbit Hole. Hop over to see her Fairy Tale in Photos post of Tarzan!! Totally unique from mine!
1 - Growing up with the apes. "Family"
2 - At home with the wild animals.
3 - Jungle Beauty
4. Completely African
5. You could get lost out there
6. He knew every hidden corner
7. He understood a different set of rules
8. He knew what they were thinking.
9. He proved his valor
10. Um... sure.
11. Lord of the jungle... with knife & muscles.
11. Mrs Tarzan's first introduction
12. She soon won his heart
13. Because Jane, too, was fearless.
14. And adapted to the wild.
Obviously there's something wonderful about the story of Tarzan. It's captivated lots of imaginations. Do you have a favorite version? Which picture best captures Tarzan for you?
I like #5 & #13 best. She's standing so nonchalantly facing down that tiger. That's cool. And the jungle is so beautiful... I could dream about it all day!
(Pinterestistas weren't sure if #13 is in the Amazon jungle or in Africa. And one of these pix is titled "Mowgli". :-) That's me doing whatever I feel like for my post. Let me know if you're on Pinterest! I'll follow you!! As always... click the pictures to follow them to their source.)