Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - End of the World Rod Run 2012

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books.

If you didn't know it already, you have stumbled upon my photo album. This is the day I share some personal stuff. From my life when I'm not reading. We "do" cars - restorations, painting, driving, burn-outs, engine swaps, etc, etc. My mommie-mobile has ghost flames. :-)

Last weekend we went to Long Beach, WA for the End of the World Rod Run. For three days the narrow peninsula (near-ish Forks) is overrun with cruising hot rods. We sleep in the cutest motel, all six of us snug in an itty-bitty space, and we enjoy the rods and the beach.


Fog!! '70 Chevy Truck.Disappearing into a different world.


Waiting, Watching, taking Pictures. My boys are getting taller than me this weekend!


Extra police patrols. Extra rat rods. Extra fun. :-D


Green Mopar muscle.


800+ vehicles in one big field.


My crew, our truck... lots of yummy vendors! Snackin' on caramel corn. :-)


Beach!!  Wind, sand, chill... sea gulls, waves, dunes...


Reading nook just out of the wind.


Fun, soft sands...

Back to the show. Check out these fun rides!!! (My honey takes amazing pix!)





Wow! Love this artistry!!






Last year's Best in Show - Beautiful!!




This year's winner...


Changes depth in the light. I didn't know I was in love with green before I saw this.  Now I know!

*shiver* COLD last day, eating in the rain, leaving for home damp and happy.


19 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! I love the shot of the truck disappearing into the fog.
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great weekend! I love the Green Muscle car as it reminds me of a car my father used to have back in the 70's.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between all of us we took over 6 pictures of that same Challenger. Lol. The motor rumbled and had that four barrel carburetor that opened up when the owner gunned it. Which he did a lot.

      My parents never had anything so cool. That's really awesome you have memories like that!

      Delete
  3. A great slice of Americana - this is such a lovely part of the world. I remember staying in Astoria years ago when we made the Free Willy movie. Isn't there an amazingly long bridge across the river?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I love that bridge. I took pictures of the truck all the way over it hoping for some amazing shot. But this one with the fog on the other side was the best.

      The bridge hovers on the water for so long. And the seagulls keep pace with us, so I feel like I'm skimming the water with 'em. Great bridge.

      Fun movie, that one. Sounds like you have a fun job!!

      Delete
  4. I love reading your blog and seeing how much people love their cars - and it makes me feel I must be very strange, because I hate driving so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Hate driving?! It's ok 'cause some of us love driving TOO much. We balance each other out!!

      Delete
  5. What a lot of fun! That beach looks so deserted and quiet - love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gravitate to wide open spaces. Sometimes I have to search a little to find so much emptiness, but it's worth it!!

      Delete
  6. I love the blue flames! What a lot of really cool vintage cars.

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun hobby. I'm sure your kids will continue with it when they are grown. You're right. The green is gorgeous. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, my bf and I would've LOVED this!! Thank you for sharing these amazing pictures, and I'm so glad you guys went and had a great time!! <3

    As an aside, the bf has a '69 Camaro and won (1st) a huge drag race a few weeks ago. Man, it took forever due to the large crowds, we were there til almost 4 in the morning lol

    Mid-summer, the track put on a show called Thunder on the Prairie, with those jet-fueled engines ... talk about LOUD, but it was a sight to see :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beach looks so lovely there- with your reading spot in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun photos. Car shows are great for looking at interesting things and people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. We never stay out too late on Sat night 'cause the people start getting WACKY. It's hilarious at first... turns to groaning... which turns to covering the boys' eyes... which turns to frantically packing up and heading back to the motel NOW! Lol. Entertaining, for sure!

      Delete
  11. This about the only time of year I can get nostalgic for fog. A few weeks from now though it will be a daily visitor. :) Looks like you had tons of fun seeing the cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I have a "thing" with fog, I guess. I took a bazillion pix of the fog stretching across the bridge like a finger. Driving up the Oregon coast, it's crazy how one minute is sunny and the next dark and foggy. In those cases, I don't like fog. My "thing" is entirely romantic and not very practical. At all.

      Delete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.