Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snapshot - Fire & Ice

We had a "Cold Snap" in Oregon... and it made for some interesting pictures...

This spider web came back alive, bright with ice:



Ice grew on everything, spiking dangerously on the blackberry vines in the fog:


We were cozy inside by the fire... I love the warmth of fire when it's icy outside!


No, really... this pellet stove made it so hot inside we had to turn it off after a few hours, it was so hot. I love fog... it's so mysterious, but the ice... we're just not used to that much cold. Lol. It was really cold. Now I have a cough & cold to match the season. Ha. I sound funny this morning, but I slept so great, so I'm on the mend. My honey tells me he was kept awake all night with weird sleeping noises coming from his wife. When I do a cold... (hahahaha) I do it right!

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books

18 comments:

  1. That frosty fog looks so beautiful and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spider web is so cool! It looks like it's made out of string not spider butt mucus. And, the blackberry vines look pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wha? spider butt mucas?!?! I had to laugh which got me hackin' up a lung... hilarious

      Delete
  3. The ice spikes on the blackberry vines look like some strange kind of flowers. Amazing. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/GVIbC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love the ice-covered spider web! Have never seen that before - beautiful.

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah....gorgeous, and bleak.
    And Fedora and I were just talking last night about making a road trip to Portland and Redmond, to visit friends. His argument against? "It's Winter, so, you know...snow, and ice." By rebuttal? "Ah, it's been a dry, warm winter here. Probably Oregon is dry and just fine!"
    Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha... you said "Oregon" and "dry" in the same context!! You're crazy.

      It's not icy anymore. We're back to regular WET. Very, very, very, very WET. Come on up. You can't plan for a dry day around here, anyway. No use waiting!

      Delete
  6. I love the icy web - lovely capture. Well done you for braving the cold and going out to get these beautiful shots...such different scenes in Sydney though today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures!! Love that spiderweb! Enjoy the lovely winter~ & feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get better quick♫ Great captures of the cold that hopefully won't last long. Happy Week-end♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. The icy weather has been pretty crazy. Great photos! I didn't get a chance to capture the ice in my neighborhood (other than the dog's frozen water dish a couple of weeks ago). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great series of shots. I really love that blackberry shot- it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! That looks so cold! I'm in La Paz now; not cold but not quite hot, either, with brezee all over. Loving it~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Lol. I saw that. Clackamas!! Just outside of town surrounded by goats and horses.

      Delete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.