Friday, May 17, 2013

Free May 18-20 on Amazon - Delilah Dusticle by AJ York - Excerpt


Delilah Dusticle is free to download via Amazon this weekend (Saturday 18th to Monday 20th May). Delilah Dusticle is a short story that has been enjoyed by young people and adults alike. The story has been described as heart-warming, captivating, delightful and fun.
"I loved Delilah, I loved Abi, I loved reading this story"
Jalynreads.wordpress.com

Delilah Dusticle has special powers, she can completely eradicate dust. With her quiver pouch of special dusters Delilah can run up walls and reaches places others just can’t. As a maid in the Fenchurch-Whittington house Delilah’s unusual skills soon lead to her being promoted to Chief Dust Eradicator and Remover. Until one day a broken heart leads to her powers taking an expected turn. 

This is the first in a series of touching and funny stories about Delilah Dusticle. Follow her on a journey of self-discovery, friendship and adventure. 



Excerpt: 

A suit of armour standing beside her in the hall coughed and shot out a puff of dust from its helmet. “Staff are not permitted to fraternise with the family and any shenanigans would lead to instant dismissal,” wheezed the armour. 

“Don’t I know it,” said Delilah who then waved her duster at the falling dust cloud making it vanish in mid-air. For good measure she selected her dandelion duster and polished the armour, who was very ticklish and kept giggling. She then made her way to the staff kitchen for dinner.


To download for free to your iPad, Kindle or computer, please click the Amazon link below.











First let me introduce Grumpy Stone pictured on your left. I found him on a beach in my home town in Essex, England.  Grumpy has become my writing mascot. It is more fun to look at a picture of him than one of me. Promise.

About me? Well I grew up in the UK, but was born in Gothenburg, Sweden. My childhood influences were a mix of Pippi Longstocking and The Flumps. I have always enjoyed making up characters and their life stories, therefore I jumped at the chance to study theatre at the University of Brighton. I later trained as a drama teacher and I have a Masters degree from Goldsmiths. I have gone back to my roots and I now live in Gothenburg, where I am writing the Delilah Dusticle series. People have told me they love reading my stories and I hope you have fun reading them too!

For more information, please visit www.ajyork.com






Follow Delilah on Twitter: @delilahdusticle
Now..... a sneak peak at the up-comin' sequel!!


The second instalment Delilah Dusticle’s Transylvanian Adventure is due to be published in September. Delilah is invited by Count W. Dracula to prepare his castle for the Hallow Eve Ball, which she and the Dustbusters gladly accepts. All is not what it seems and Dracula has an unusual request for Delilah. Unlike the first book, which is a short story, the second instalment is twice as long. Old characters reveal more of their past and new characters are introduced. There are plenty of twists and turns.  A large proportion of the research for the second book was spent researching magical beings and types of fairies related beings. In the second book you find out what Delilah is exactly. 

It has been a great to fun to write and the second story has inspired a series of illustration by my partner Gavin Childs, who also designs the covers. Here is a taster of one of his illustrations for the next book. The book is now in its final stages and undergoing editing. I am like a child in a sweet shop and very excited about it all.