Saturday, May 18, 2013

Snapshot - How Does Your Garden Grow?

It's a miracle!

On Pinterest I have a board titled "Secret Garden". The secret to my garden is that I have one this year and I usually don't attempt it. I actually have seedlings sprouting. I can hardly contain my excitement:



I decided the trick to managing an acre of plantable land is to throw too many seeds in one pot. Not logical, I know, but look!! It's working!!!

My first roses, etc, are out, too..... LOVE!!


Remember that rose "tree" that I over-pruned last year? I let it sprawl where it will this year... and I have an ABUNDANCE of these blushing yellow beauties. I should take a picture for you, huh?  Alrighty... it's raining, but we don't mind. We're Oregonians (the roses and I).


You may thank Alyce @ At Home with Books for hosting Saturday Snapshot and encouraging me to share pictures I take despite lacking photo-taking skills. Or blame me for my pathetic gardening attempts and baring the bumblings online. Lol.

8 comments:

  1. What do you have growing in the pots?? Also congratulations on your success!! I know how exciting it is seeing a plant actually sprout and not fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Apparently the IMPORTANT part is that they LIVE!! Lol. Pumpkins... beans... peas... and I have a zucchini plant that just braved the wide-wide world.

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted a garden but our yard is mostly sand (live in Fl.) so nothing grows. Recently I've been thinking about buying pots and planting stuff. Seeing how well you're doing makes me think I can do it. Thanks for sharing!

    And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures -- congrats on your success with the seedlings. The roses are gorgeous -- those blushing yellow roses are my favorite variety of roses! :-)

    Here is my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Now comes the hard part.....waiting. And pulling out the ones that are the weakest, before they crowd the stronger plants. I hope they grow successfully and all season long! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your roses are wonderful. Mine are just barely growing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are simply gorgeous. I particularly love those white flowers in the second last picture, but I suspect that they're not roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very impress on your information ,Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips.
    kit survival

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.