Monday, July 1, 2013

Launching the TOUR - Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Launching...

On Tour with Prism Book Tours...

The highly anticipated book, Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl, is NOW AVAILABLE!!!


Dragonwitch (Tales of Goldstone Wood #5)
Dragonwitch
by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Paperback, 432 pages
Published July 1, 2013 by Bethany House Publishers

Submissive to her father’s will, Lady Leta of Aiven travels far to meet a prospective husband she neither knows nor loves–Lord Alistair, future king of the North Country.

But within the walls of Gaheris Castle, all is not right. Vicious night terrors plague Lord Alistair to the brink of insanity. Whispers rise from the family crypt. The reclusive castle Chronicler, Leta’s tutor and friend, possesses a secret so dangerous it could cost his life and topple the North Country into civil war.


And far away in a hidden kingdom, a fire burns atop the Temple of the Sacred Flame. Acolytes and priestesses serve their goddess to the limits of their lives and deaths. No one is safe while the Dragonwitch searches for the sword that slew her twice…and for the one person who can wield it.





Anne Elisabeth Stengl makes her home in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she lives with her husband, Rohan, a passel of cats, and one long-suffering dog. When she's not writing, she enjoys Shakespeare, opera, and tea, and studies piano, painting, and pastry baking. She studied illustration at Grace College and English literature at Campbell University. She is the author of HEARTLESS, VEILED ROSE, MOONBLOOD, and STARFLOWER, with DRAGONWITCH due to release in 2013. HEARTLESS and VEILED ROSE have each been honored with a Christy Award.




Pull up a chair and a cup of tea... we've invited Anne Elisabeth to every blog on the tour!

 

July 

1 – Book Release!
5 – JL Mbewe

-          Christy’s Cozy Corner

14 – Mommasez…
15 – Dee’sReads
-          Kelly P’s Blog
19 – Grand Finale Blast!


The Tales of Goldstone Woods Series:

Dragonwitch
and now...

Shadow Hand
Coming Spring 2014


Bethany House


Read where it all began... for FREE!

Amazon:


The Series - on sale!
From $1.99 to $2.99 on Amazon & Barnes & Noble



Tour-wide Giveaway - 

USA, Canada & UK - Print Copy of the entire series to date!
See Rafflecopter for giveaway details.



a Rafflecopter giveaway

15 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this series! I cannot wait to read Dragonwitch! :) Anne Elisabeth, have you had all these stories in mind since the beginning? Or have you developed them gradually? Because they are woven together super well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love fantasy books. Can't wait to read these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have all but Dragonwitch in my collection. If I win, I'd offer the first four books to my best friend (I don't think she has them yet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Betsy: Yes and no, to your question. I have MOST of them in mind already, but many of the more exciting connections developed as I wrote. But on the whole, I have a big outline of the series and major themes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, I absolutely love this series, am working on Dragonwitch right now! It is such an inspiration as I aspire to write christian fantasy, and am working on a series myself. I would love to know, where did your desire to write fantasy came from, and where do you find your inspirations for your characters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What method do you use to keep track of the canon facts you've already created for the world?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you plan on continuing with the Tales of Goldstone Wood after Shadow Hand? Do you have plans for other series or stand-alones?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Charii: I have wanted to write fantasy since I was twelve years old, and my father read THE LORD OF THE RINGS out loud to me and my brothers. It was such a wonderful experience and such breathtaking storytelling, that I started penning my own fairy-tale based stories.

    The characters come from all over the places. Little things I observe in those around me, characters I read about in histories and great literature. But ultimately, I would say that all of my characters--good and bad--are little pieces of me. I like to take a particular personality trait, quirk, or vice, and explore it in the context of these fictional characters, curious to see what a slightly different set of circumstances and influences might do to those same traits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kristen: It's funny, I've been working on this series for so long now (since I was about fourteen), most of the world and histories are just there in my brain, as familiar as any aspects of my own past. But I also keep various word documents, some of histories, some of timelines, some of cultural details. It's not a particularly profound system, but it works for me! A few years back, my husband made me sit down and work out an Excel spreadsheet of the most important chronological events, so I do have a solid timeline for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Beth: Absolutely! I am in the middle of drafting Book 7 even now, and it is my favorite one yet! I'll also soon be revealing information on what I've been calling my Super Secret Project, which will be releasing before SHADOW HAND . . . :) At this point, all the stories I plan to work on are Goldstone Wood-related. It's such an enormous world with so many possibilities, I'm not sure I'll ever be through exploring them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo excited I love this series. Can't wait to read Dragonwitch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne, who is your favorite author?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jen Haile: Currently my favorite author is the fantastical Sir Terry Pratchett . . . but I reserve the right to change my mind at a moment's notice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this series looks amazing & i'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.