Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, November 1



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

From Mercury Rises by Robert Kroese...

"The point," Tiamat growled through grated teeth, "is to keep building them (ziggurats) until we get it right!"


Her statement was punctuated by a distant rumble of thunder.


"What the hell?" Mercury exclaimed. "I've been trying to get it to thunder for weeks, and now, out of the blue..."


"You've been trying to get it to thunder?"


"A little side project I've been working on," Mercury admitted. "I always thought it would be neat to be able to make a great pronouncement and have it punctuated with thunder. You know something like, 'You shall pay dearly for eating the last chicken dumpling!'"


Thunder rumbled obediently in the distance.


"Oh, I do like that!" Tiamat exclaimed. "Let me try again." She cleared her throat and growled, "I shall cast you and your descendants to twelve generations to your deaths off the top of the highest ziggurat!"


A light drizzle began to fall.                              


This conversations is not chosen entirely randomly... I had to pick something randomly from these two angels chatting over building the Egyptian Pyramids. So far there are three POV's and these two are the funniest. Not that "funny" always wins... but snorking outloud cracks me up, and they got me.  :-)

November 1st is a National Holiday at our house... there is no working, no writing (even tho other NaNoWriMo's started at midnight), no blogging, no NOTHIN' besides the day-long PARTAY!!  As "Cool, Man!" shares his day of birth with us. I should show post the picture of my lunch plate from Salty's on the Columbia River... I chose "Chef's Choice", and it was a work of art!!!!