Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten - 1st

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish... and this week is a theme I just couldn't pass up: TOP TEN UNREAD BOOKS:

My pet-peeve is actually reading books... so I had to hunt down ten and as I found each one scattered around my lil' library, I knew exactly why I hadn't read it, yet. Most are gifts, for one... as happy as I am to have them, they didn't grab me before they were welcomed in. Some of 'em are "fix ya" suggestion books... which, well, hey... I'll get around to self-improvement when I do! If anyone has "LOVE THAT ONE" or "pass-on-it" thoughts, I'd love to hear 'em!!



1. Dies the Fire by SM Stirling
2. The Sword & the Lady by SM Stirling

(Loved the title of #2, started series with #1 & got lost in the description of making swords out of leaf springs... is that really possible?)

3. The Shack by William P Young

("Everyone"s read it, why should I?)

4. The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva

("Does this look fun for you? I really enjoyed it!" "Sure, thx!" shelf.)

5. In the Zone by Patricia King
6. What Your Childhood Memories Say About You by Dr Kevin Leman

(Gifts... I browsed a little. #5 I'll read some day #6 probably not. Giveaway, anyone?)

7. Wild Ink by Victoria Hanley

(Oh, yea! I'm writin' baby!)

8. The Tiger Rising by Kate KiCamiflo

(Bought this for the kids & thought I could get 'em to read it if I read it first. It's small enough, should be a fast zippy read?)

9. Grainne, Sailor Princess of Ireland by Louise Gherasim

(I'm a sucker for Ireland, ships and princesses - the cover is solid yellow, tho.)

10. Dreaming in English by Laura Fitgerald

(Finally!!  I book I bought for ME that I just haven't got a 'round to, yet.)


My TBR piles are kept on my Wishlist. 'Cause if I sit on a book for more than a couple weeks, it ain't gettin' read for a long time. I check out books at the library by the scores, too. That way I can dip my toes before plunging in with confidence.