Sunday, December 11, 2011

In My Mailbox - 12/11/11

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren - hop over to join the linky!!   There is nothing like sharing the fun books that arrived. I've been waiting all week for this day & there's over 350 participants, so, I'm not the only one!!  :-D  I love books!!


I ordered two books to mail to someone else for the Secret Santa thingame - and when you order more, there's no shipping, so I was happy to choose two books for my birthday, books I know I must read based on all those wonderful reviews all y'all write. (Yay!  Thanks!!)

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)        The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)

Incidently... the person receiving my Secret Santa gift got a package yesterday that she posted on her blog... and someone else sent her the exact same books I just sent her!!  Apparently we both read through her blog enough to find a Great Idea and settled on the VERY SAME Great Idea. I feel like a total dork 'cause I got mine in the mail a day (or so) later than the other Santa, but not late enough to catch the duplication and change it.  Has that ever happened to you?  Do you have a spare turtle shell I could climb into and hide?!

I sent the audible version of Clockwork Prince to Sweety, who won my last Giveaway. She lives in India (correct me if I'm wrong!! I'm not sure of anything today!) and I just think that's the awesomest thing in the world - finding kindred book-readin' spirits on the other side of the planet. (Not that Oregon isn't far away from pretty much everyone... EXCEPT...)

I won a couple Giveaways myself!!  One from an author who used to live a smidge further out in the boondocks than I do, but has since located to Washington State, which is just as soggy as Oregon, so that's close!!  Thank you, Sandry Byrd!!  for this trilogy for my Nook & the necklace in the mail!!

I also won:  
Start Something That Matters


Which I have had fun flipping through already. It's a great biography filled with tons of brainstorming ideas, which is right up my alley. If I'm not doing something, I'm thinking about doing something.  :-)

I had astonishingly good luck at the library, too. I wanted to read this book in December for Calico Reaction's book club:  The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)   I did not expect it to get in on time.... but it did!!  and I found Entwined and The Power of Six before leaving the library!!  I'm not sure I'll get to Six before it's due back 'cause I needed a break from overpowering bad guys, having just finished Pure.   And I'm not sure how well I'll like Entwined, yet, 'cause there's so much dancing!!!!  Lol.
Entwined
The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)












Finally, I received God is in the Manger from Westminster John Knox Press at Netgalley, which is adding to my celebration of Christmas with inspiring devotions.

God Is in the Manger: Reflections on Advent and Christmas  What a week, hey?


While I was out & about yesterday (the first Christmas party of the season and a doosy!) my GFC count passed 400.  I feel like jumping up and down, excited, except I hadn't pre-planned hysteria, you know?  So, I'm going to get all worked up about THE BIG 500 and do something really crazy. I'll brew on it for a day or so for proper levels of insanity.