Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Wrap Up

January... one month of 2012 is complete...

January
Picture found on Pinterest - you totally have to see my new obsession!!

I have a moment to look back at one great month just in time to look forward to another.

Resolutions... I made too many of 'em.  

Despite that, I am still on the Gung-Ho Diet. I enjoy announcing it publicly because I am not telling ANYONE in my real-world acquaintance.  (Heck, my real world is just a fantasy, anyway, this is where I LIVE!!  jajaja  *ahem* Just joking, Mom.)  I've lost, like, 18 lbs, or something on this crazy hcg thing. I'm starting to see cupcakes and chocolate out of the corners of my eyes, but I'm chalking that up as Valentine's Vibes.

I read some books, too...


I did not re-read anything in January. That's actually good... it means my tbr pile is fun and interesting and not driving me batty.  :-)

2012 Challenge

How to Live Safely In a Science Fictional Universe was January's book o' the month and if you hop over to Calico Reaction, you'll find a review that's very different from mine... and a GREAT discussion on how genre's are getting all mixed up instead of staying in their respective boxes, WHICH I TOTALLY LOVE!!!!  (I do so hate boxes.)


Here's my very first cheat!!  :-D  How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe was nominated for three different awards!!  ("Nominated" - does that count?!?! Not really........ *sigh* I'll find a second category for this great book, don't worry.)

2012 Classics Challenge

Um.... I didn't get to any classics. (See "re-reads")

hop

Buahahahaha!!!  I read The Goddess Test & Goddess Interrupted (which review is going up tomorrow!!) That's TWO mythology books!!  YESSSS!!!


Um... nope. But that's 'cause I'm saving 'em up for February, so no worries.

Debut Author Challenge

The Priest and the Peaches was a debut author book AND my first author interview, which was really super fun.


1. The Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson
2.  Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
3. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
4. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (review tomorrow)
5. Only the Mountains Do Not Move by Jan Reynolds
6. Above World by Jenn Reese (Review next Monday)


How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe fits nicely under Time Travel.  How convenient!!


1. Only the Mountains Do Not Move by Jan Reynolds
2. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter  (Yes, I know my review should already be up!! No, I don't know why it isn't!!!)

So... what's that?  7 books?  That can't be all.....


Don't Breathe a WordI also read Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala - and she just announced today that the TRAILER for the book will be unveiled next week and there are MORE prizes to be won (which I have every intention of jumping ALL OVER!!)  Woohoo!!  You can catch it all HERE on Colorimetry, too!!  :-D  Woop!!

Glitches (Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
The Rebel Wife

I read wonderful little Glitches - pre-Cinder - it's just a wee pre-book, but it can count since I "read" a picture book!!  :-D



I still haven't finished Midnight in Austenland. I committed to posting my review of The Rebel Wife along with the Author Interview on Friday, so I thought I better read it.  And besides, Midnight in Austenland is so delicious, it is standing up just fine to minor pauses...

Midnight in Austenland (NOW AVAILABLE!!) 
Pg 130
"It's a universal truth that nothing spoils a postlunch game of croquet like suspecting the other players of murder."