Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WWW - Bitterblue

Waiting On Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine...



It is with great pleasure that I post this WWW... 'cause there's a ton of really great books coming out or that were just released & even if I maintain my TBR pile in the virtual world, it's feeling very long. I really wanted to list something that I'd drop everything to read.

Drum-roll please...

Bitterblue
by Kristen Cashore
Coming May 1, 2012                        

Taken from the author's blog...

A few reasons I love the (USA/Canada) cover above: It feels like Bitterblue (the character) to me. The colors have special significance. The keys are a highly appropriate icon (like Katsa's dagger on the Graceling cover). And, the keys look like weapons. :o)


A lot of people have asked me why it took so long for me to finish this book. The answer is simple. It's not because I was distracted; it's not because I wasn't working my ass off; it's simply because Bitterblue is longer and more complicated than the other books I've written, and some books require more time than others. The book decides.

Personally (me again) I don't mind the wait. Graceling is one of my all-time fav's, I just loved it. And Fire left me hungry for more of Cashore's writing. So... Yay!! I like "longer" and "more complicated". (Not to mention, maybe I'll get some awesome reading done by May!)


After some smallish research I found all these gorgeous covers. Let me know if I missed one!!

Let's have a Vote!!!

Which cover do you like best for Graceling?

G - 1.

G - 2.

4. 

G - 3. 

G - 4. 

G - 5. 


And pick your favorite cover for Fire, too!!

F - 1.

F - 2. 

F - 3. 

F - 4. 


Thanks for Voting!!

Bitterblue would be a great pick for my Spooctacular Giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. I'm blog hopping from Beck Valley Books. I am your newest follower. Pls visit my blog & follow back. Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitterblue sounds like a great read. The second Graceling is my favorite. Of course there is no problem with the pic. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I just read Graceling last month and it was really good. I've bought Fire last week but haven't read it yet. Bitterblue was my fav. character though!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.