Monday, December 19, 2011

Cookies on the Brain

I'm working through my To-Do list, like the rest of the world that's celebrating Christmas next Sunday and one of the highlights of my day was adding to the cookie plates.
Peanut Butter Crinkles
These delicious things are commonly known as "Kristi's Cookies" at my house b/c - we first learned how to make them from Kristi!! (Thx, Kris!) She gave me a very vague recipe saying "they're so easy", which has led to this traditional question of "Will they stick together this time?"  This can only be explained by my love of peanut butter and sneaking too much in the mix, which turns into something else delicious altogether (and not stuck together).

This recipe is my own-ish, adapted by years of trial and error (with lots of snacking).  I give you... 


Peanut Butter Crinkles!

1 bag of butterscotch chips
1/2 cu. peanut butter
1/4 cu. butter

Melt 'em slowly in the microwave (in a microwavable bowl!) Stir often, don't overcook!!
Add the melted mix to:

6 cu. corn flakes

And stir like crazy.
Drop spoonfuls on wax paper to cool/solidify.  (This is the stage where I hover of the tender piles with a wooden spoon to pop taste-testers. I let them taste-test freely once and had to make 'em again 'cause they "tested" 'em all gone! So be warned.)

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)I am reading The Power of Six currently and I ended up in a very exciting stage of the story today. The red light just wasn't long enough, the pizza didn't take long enough to cook, the gas tank filled too quickly... to be able to read as much as I wanted to. It's SO exciting!!

Without spoiling anything, here's a quote from the page I'm on:

"There's an explosion nearby. The tower sways, and dust and rocks drop from the ceiling and walls. More rocks fall as another blast takes me off my feet. I use my telekinesis to stop their descent, and I fling them out the window."

OMG!!  Do they get away?!  I don't even know, yet!!!!

GUESS who the paragraph refers to!!  :-)

Pittacus, John Smith, Six, Marina or someone else?!  Muahahaha...


And yet, I pause and make delicious cookies. And plan a birthday party. And make some gingerbread for Gingerbread Houses.  Ha!  :-)   I have multi-talents!!

(Speaking of talent... I turned this butterscotch/peanut butter relationship into the MOST AMAZING peanut butter cream pie. If I need to bring dessert to Christmas dinner, I'm makin' it. I don't know what we're doing for the dinner - I'm sure I was told, I just don't remember.)