Saturday, March 24, 2012

Is it Sunday?!

You can find links to all the Sunday Salon posts HERE.  

Do you ever have one of "those" weeks that are basically last week's leftovers?  For me... last week was so crazy, it left tons of loose ends, which I scrambled around gathering together this week. So it feels as if I finally NAILED last week, and I can't believe a whole 'nother week is passed.  Can I just sit down and cry "not fair"?!?!

I didn't even accumulate any new books this week.

*____*

On the bright side, I've had a lot of fun blogging.

I totally went OFF about advertising for the Kick-Butt Giveaway post, which is getting great comments. I am getting TONS of ideas of stuff to post about.

The Spring Cleaning Giveaway is still going, too. And yes, Halflings is only "about $10 to ship" - I checked on Europe and the Philippines. The postal worker pointed out that I'd have to ship the book in some packaging material. Um. Ok.



For In My Mailbox, hosted by the awesome Kristi of The Story Siren, I will share with you four books I've checked out from the library. I want to read 'em all - have wanted to for some time!!  Please tell me which one you think I should read...

Which one should I read?!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)  Glow (Sky Chasers, #1)  

Paranormalcy  Daughter of the Flames (Ruan, #1)

Chances are, I won't get to all of 'em. I'm reading The Monstrumologist right now, sorta setting aside  The Day of First Sun for now... and I want to check out Angelfall and I'm literally carrying Soulless around with me everywhere I go in case of spare minutes. I just want to read ALL OF THEM. 

But... Spring Break has begun. I have four party animals at home 24/7 for this entire next week, and I foresee a lot of extra fun goin' around.  Like... maybe re-arranging the living room and cleaning their rooms!!  :-D  Muhahahaha

(I bet we'll find something they think is fun, too.)

Have a great Sunday

24 comments:

  1. Mara Dyer is the only one I've read of those and I LURVED it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paranormalcy is all kinds of awesome! Evie the mc is totally kick butt plus she loves PINK! She even has a pink taser she calls Tasey:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... thx?! I'm not sure if that helped me WANT to choose Paranormalcy!! Lol. A pink taser?!?! with a nickname?!?!?! Thx - I think.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of those, so was going to choose by the covers, but I like three of those too. Obviously I am no help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing lots of great things about Dyer. I haven't read any of them, though.

    Here's my
    Sunday Salon: Odds and Ends.
    Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! Yay for Paranormalcy. I loved the book.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Do you ever have one of "those" weeks that are basically last week's leftovers?" OMG. Yes, yes, YES all the freaking time!!! And would you like company for your crying jag? I happen to be free and need some It's-Not-Fair crying time.

    Sadly, I'm not good at helping people decide what book to read, since my list is way too long, as well. I'd just tell you to read them all!

    Have fun with the "party animals" this week, Burgandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It does help to just whine a while!! When weeks get by me like that, it feels like I'm tripping. Not exactly how I like to start spring break!! But no matter... a good book or five will revive me!

      Delete
  7. Read GLOW first! It was so great, and if you've read Across the Universe, it's kind of similar and just as good :D

    My IMM : http://foreverlostinbooks.blogspot.ca/2012/03/on-my-shelf-imm-18-pretties-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mara Dyer looks AWESOME! And so does Glow! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is sort of a hit or miss book. Some people loved it. Some people didn't. I think you should read Paranormalcy. There's not a whole lot of "depth" in there, but it's a funny and enjoyable read.

    Happy reading~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea?! :-D I just won some signed swag from Kirsten White, so I might need to BUY her books. Sometimes a light fast read is just what I like.

      Delete
  10. Read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer!! I read that one in a few days. My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weeks definitely speed by sometimes! I read Glow and didn't care for it, but others I know have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FOTGET all those books & stick with Angelfall. There are Angels that are no quiet angels. Oh, well, they are, but... Just read the darn book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of the ones you've checked out this week but, I really want to read Mara Dyer and Glow! I actually hadn't heard of Paranormalcy (I live under a rock) until YESTERDAY.

    I think since this month I'm trying to read the books I've physically accumulated one way or another (rest Kindle, I've put you to good use for the last 6 months, maybe you'd like to be turned off for a full day..), that maybe I can sneak in a trip to the library and see if they have Mara Dyer. I actually never even *thought* to check. Weird.

    Also, finish Soulless!!! I'm going to start it in April and I'm pumped. I also bought Stray by Rachel Vincent and I'm super excited about that as well. They were three dollars each!! Three!! I can't turn that down, and they look practically brand new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... um.

      Since there was no clear winner by mid-day Sunday, I did pick up Soulless again, and now I'm reading-while-showering... OMG!! It's sooo fun! (I didn't get my book wet, but I couldn't put it down, either, and I was late for work.) I am SO happy I have the series 'cause I DON'T WANT THIS BOOK TO END!!!

      Delete
  14. Oh, please read Daughter of the Flames. I saw that one someplace else last week or something, and I'm so curious about it!!

    Happy Reading! :)

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! Me, too!! I cracked the cover and it was interesting right off the start - and what a great author!!! She wrote Shadows on the Moon, which was intricate and unexpected. I want to read more of her books!!

      Delete
  15. Mara Dyer is SOOOO good! I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.