Saturday, March 31, 2012

Soggy Sunday Mailbox

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren & The Sunday Salon is a book reader's hang-out where anyone-n-everyone can share their reading adventures, etc, over the past week. I combine 'em.

Rain streaked

Saturday is March 31st and the local news announced a broken record:


Sophie's Weather Forecast

Today's Forecast

Today's Forecast Image
March Rainfall Record
Happy last day of March.  We did it: this is officially the wettest March on record.  As of 3pm, we've had 7.78" of rain at PDX.  Previous record was 7.52" set back in 1957.  We could even possibly make it to 8" before the day is over!  To put things into perspective, the average March rainfall is 3.68".  In December this year, we got 2.51" which means we got more than THREE TIMES that this month alone.

Oh, yes... even soggy Oregon can get wetter. And it makes the news. *snort*

This past week was Spring Break, and we wooped it up. Monday I organized the troups to clean house and assemble new chairs for our dining room table. Tuesday we hit the Lazer Planet and played endless games of lazer tag. Wednesday we caught up on Ninjago episodes on TV. (?!) Thursday we crashed the aquatic center. Friday we took some pinstriping lessons from dad at the paint-n-bodyshop. Saturday we dropped in on family, supported their garage sale and then persuaded them to watch the kids so we could go see Hunger Games (finally!)  The kids claimed it was "the best spring break ever!!" so hey... that's what I call VICTORY!!

Of course I took a book with me everywhere!!  Oh yea!!  I nearly took a picture of me reading my book everywhere... but I got shy. *shrug*  It happens.

Fall from GraceI've got a book comin' to me in a mail - Kali had too many ARCs and offered a trade. She had to twist my arm hard, but I finally succumbed.  Ha!!  Ok... maybe I did a little boogie, more like. She's sending me this great book:
When Sawyer meets Grace, he wonders if he should come up with a few plans himself. Plans about what he actually wants to be, plans to speak his own mind for a change, plans to maybe help Grace with a little art theft. 
Wait a minute—plans to what?

I also received The Embittered Ruby in the mail from Nicole O'Dell. This is the second book in the series I highlighted a few weeks ago. This book is just released today, April 1st (no foolin'!!) So, I'll post more SOON!!!!


I'm workin' on my blog... what I don't finish this weekend will spill over into this next week. Such is life in my world!!




Friday I wrote three different posts, which is crazy, but one of 'em was catching up on all the giveaways that had ended and contacting all the winners. The Spring Cleaning giveaway included 8 books, so I was packaging, writing cutesy notes & addressing. It was SOOO fun!!  If there's anything funner than receiving books in the mail, it's sendin' 'em!!  As I discuss in the current Giveaway!!

I caught up on some visiting, too. Gotta love stopping by some blogs and saying "hi!"!!

I'm so tired from playing so hard, I'm hittin' the sack. (Going to bed.)  I can't wait to see what books everyone got tomorrow morning... and how all y'all's weeks went!!

Happy April 1st!