Monday, October 1, 2012

Bloggiversary - First Posts!

Coming up on my one year Bloggiversary... I'm reminiscing about The Beginning. 

First EVER...

I was fiddlin' with pictures. I had NO IDEA I would need to know how to fiddle around with pictures. Nope. This was pure luck. And fun. And didn't go anywhere.

But that post was back on April 14th, 2011. This was like my test drive. I didn't start blogging, yet.

First Book Reviews:


I wanted to go back to these first posts and update my pictures, but for nostalgia's sake, I left 'em. I hadn't heard of Goodreads when I posted these. I couldn't figure out where everyone was pulling such great book covers from. (Click on 'em to read my reviews. Or rather, don't!! Lol.)

But I didn't start blogging, yet. I was still testing... zero followers. 

Then... on October 6th, I jumped in with both feet and I've been posting nearly every day since. My first post was a book review, of course:


... followed by my first author-signing ever. This is me in a daze!

With Maggie Stiefvater

I can't wait to go to Wordstock again this year. Maybe this time I won't wander around like I'm lost. Then again...

It's alright to have a Beginning, you know? It's fun to be NEW. How often I mumbled "I'm new, I don't know what to do!" to myself, but I didn't care. I'd never had so much fun.

Do you remember when you didn't know what Goodreads is? Or that there were a bunch of book lovers blogging about books? It's like discovering Narnia through the wardrobe!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura!! <3
    ((Hugs)) & Congraties on your upcoming blogoversary!!! Your site is so beautifully put together, I would never have guessed it's only been one year - I think I've been following you close to that. :D
    Yeah, that magical moment when you suddenly discover that OMG THERE ARE BLOGS ABOUT BOOKS ... and .... and .... MORE BOOK STUFF OMG! <3

    I think I probably wet myself from sheer glee lol (or age. either one works) ;P

    Ps - Half the time my family thinks I'm some nerdy bookfan geek (they are right)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - yes, sheer glee!! Lol.

      What's so cool is finding out you're not the only nerdy bookfan geek!! Yay for book blogging!!! :-D

      Delete
  2. Haha, yes. I remember that feeling, the beginning. Congrats on your anniversary. And what an awesome first author meeting. I love Maggie Stiefvater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a blogger but I remember when I read my first book blog and fell in love with reading them! Can't remember which one it was but...

    Congrats on your Blogoversary and wishing you many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda wish I'd read blogs before blogging... if that makes sense. But no... I sort of sprawl into things or make long "to-do" lists, nothing in between.

      Delete
  4. Wow...time flies! Congrats on a year of great reviews and fun book events. :)
    I remember a life before Goodreads, when we used Shelfari....but I am sure glad Goodreads came about. I miss being able to donate/trade books through them, but I love tracking my reviews and getting recommendations. Yay for book blogging!

    ReplyDelete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.