Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wordstock!

Trinity & I made it to Wordstock where we met Maggie S- .  She was gracious enough to say nice things about Portland. Of course, we soggy folk who live here love to hear nice things about Portland. We don't miss the annual rainfall numbers, etc, although maybe that's popular since Forks was in the Northwest spotlight.  It's literally depressing to have so many cloudy days, but Maggie was all sunshine and fun.  I don't say that just 'cause she wrote me something totally nice, either.



From Amazon's page on Maggie Stiefvater:

All of my life decisions have been based around my inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or technical editor (all of which I've tried), but are highly prized traits in novelists, musicians, and artists (I've made my living as one of these since I was 22).
I now live an eccentric life in the middle of nowhere, Virginia, with my charmingly straight-laced husband, two small kids, two neurotic dogs who fart recreationally, and a 1973 Camaro named Loki.
I'm an avid reader, an award-winning colored pencil artist, and play several musical instruments, including the Celtic harp, the piano, and the bagpipes
-----------------------------------------------------------