Tuesday, October 18, 2011

YALSA'S TEENS TOP TEN

I still haven't left for work, yet.  :-)  I ran across this list of Teen's Top Ten for 2011.  I think I'm mostly NOT SURPRISED at all, but I also haven't read very many of these!!!

Mockingjay was so serious for me, I'm surprised it made the list.  But that's silly, maybe, 'cause my son started Catching Fire even after I told him it only got more serious.  Isn't WAR a serious subject?!  Then again, I read them all as fast as I could, so, hey.

I have Matched, too.  I just thought it was too predictable to make a Top Ten, although, again, looking forward to the sequel (or is it just the next one?)

I Am Number Four was great... so exciting!  The movie added creepiness while not completely delivering on the scary part, in my opinion.  I forgot where I was every time I picked up that book!!

As for the rest... I'm wondering if they should be on my To-Read list?



  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Simon & Schuster)
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic)
  • Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (Simon & Schuster)
  • I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (HarperCollins)
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (Harlequin)
  • Matched by Ally Condie (Penguin)
  • Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson (Little, Brown & Company)
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (HarperCollins)
  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (HarperCollins)
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (Penguin)