Sunday, November 18, 2012

Monday - Holiday!!

thanksgiving pictures | thanksgiving photos, thanksgiving images
The best sort of Monday is the one that you can sleep in for!  :-D  The kids have this week off for Conferences and Thanksgiving... and this mamma's grateful to sleep in!!!  (Or rather, not wake everyone up to catch a bus by 7:30am.)  YEA!

:-D

Thanksgiving means "birthday" to me. Yep. I've been dropping hints about gift cards to Barnes & Noble for awhile now. :-) My birthday isn't 'til Saturday, but I generously offer to celebrate on Thanksgiving when we're all together - saves everyone an extra drive out to my house, you know. Plus... I can shop on Black Friday. *waggles eyebrows*


The Emperor's ConspiracyThis week The Emperor's Conspiracy comes out. I rec'd an early review copy from Edelweiss - 'cause look at that gorgeous cover! - and it was one of my favorite reads this year. I emailed the author requesting an interview and I can't wait to share it. *rubs hands gleefully* I'm a sucker for fog. 

Speaking of new releases, have you seen the final Twilight movie? I'm going to catch it in the theater, I think, but I'm really nervous after that Part 1. I'm scared to check reviews. I want it to be good so badly. Eep!

Last week I announced the start of Prism Book Tours and my new website and first tour book - Evie's Knight

Evie's Knight Book Tour

Every time I review an author &/or book, I get all these fun ideas. They almost burst out in every direction. Interviewing Kimberly Krey was a blast. She is such a fun character and her book has so many goodies... I'm goin' all out with the Tour!! One of my favorite mini-themes is taking on the art assignment on Page 31 -
"The professor continued. "Each of you will create a piece of art that represents a momentous event in your life. You'll need to select a partner within the class to analyze this piece.'"
I've got some artistic types thinking of art pieces already! Doesn't that sound fun?! I'm not an artist, but I came up with a momentous moment I want to portray in a picture. (Just thinking about it inspired a story idea. Lol.)  There's still room on the Tour if you want to get in!!  Sign up & get more scoop HERE!

I'm currently reading Evie's Knight. :-)  It's all part of plannin' my first totally awesome Tour!!


Sheila @ Book Journey hosts the awesome Monday Whatcha Reading share. Thank you!!

Catch my newest thoughts on whatever I'm reading in the Bible at this other place I moved those posts. I've wandered over to the prophet Elisha's life, which, well... he was a wild guy. Isn't this a cool lookin' button? I like it. I think I'd like to learn how to do graphic art stuff. 

Awake, O North Wind!

Indeed, it is moments like this where I feel I must quote Lady Catherine, herself, at the one and only Rosings Park -
"It is of all subjects my delight... There are few people... I suppose, who have more true enjoyment of music than myself, or a better natural taste. If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient."
Since I now have a print copy of Pride & Prejudice thanks to Ruth, I can refer to page 113 specifically rather than vaguely waiving virtual fingers at it. Of course, I refer to art rather than music. But any subject might be inserted wonderfully.

9 comments:

  1. Oops! The Emperor's Conspiracy comes out on the 27th. Catch Michelle Diener on Colorimetry this week! :-D

    ReplyDelete

  2. Happy Birthday early! The Emperor's Conspiracy does have a beautiful cover. Glad to know it is on your favorite list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sleeping in! Lucky you!

    The button is beautiful, how clever that you know how to make it!

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too: Sleep in!! I got the "Mom, I'm bored!" though. Good grief!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, The Emperor's Conspiracy looks fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://thereaderscommute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! My eldest son just celebrated his on the 17th...he was born on a Thursday, exactly one week before Thanksgiving.

    He was my plump little turkey, weighing in at 9 lbs.; a lot for a first baby.

    Love your button! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm sure he loves being called a Turkey!! We celebrated a birthday at our house on the 17th, too. Makes for a fun season, hey?

      Delete

This is an award-free, tag-free zone. Thank you for understanding!!!!

Sweet! Thanks for commenting - I love it!!

Please excuse the word verification. I'm not interested in comment advertising!! Lol.