Welcome Sunday Saloners!! Bookish people gather to share bookish things from the past week... and all things remotely bookish are welcome here!!!
I have this TALENT - I'm going to call it a talent, where I get tons of stuff done when I'm supposed to be doing something else.
A great example is Tax Time. (My taxes are done already, so this is just hypothetical). Every year come tax time, I can suddenly organize the house, catalog the home library, re-arrange the linen closet - amazing!!
These are things I didn't even know I was capable of doing!!!
This same inspiration is coming to me whenever I have a book to review by a certain date. It has nothing to do with the book and everything to do with a deadline. I knew I needed to start reading this one book (I'll mention in my REVIEW tomorrow!!!) so I suddenly read Heart of Gold... and then Grave Mercy... and then Of Poseidon. That's 1137 pages of procrastination!!!!
If that isn't TALENT, I'd like to know, what is?!
So, let's review what all I got done this week while doing everything but what I was supposed to:
* Monday Memes - the controversial Musings post plus reading plans (not followed) & a quote.
* Stay & Vent Awhile - discussing the horribleness of labels vs. helpful generalizations.
* Review - Grave Mercy. I seriously LOVED this book.
* Winners announced, quoted and razzed.
* Autism Awareness Hop - Win The Speed of Dark by Elizabeth Moon!
* The History of the Titanic - 100 years ago this week.
* The White Lilac - author interview & Giveaway!
* Friday the 13th Blog Hop - Win a hauntingly beautiful book!!
* Feature & Follow - books you don't want made into movies. (none!!)
* Connections & DEALS - or "networking" with great discounts. Useful stuff!!
* Review - Heart of Gold - totally CUTE!!!
* Saturday Snapshot - Easter Eggs, Passover "success" & Winner of Eggstravaganza Hop.
Oh yea. Crazy amount of posting? Not to mention a lot of reading?! Just assign me a due date, why don't ya. I dare you!!!
I have continued to resist adding any books to my TBR pile while attempting to catch up from last month's (damaging) accumulation. I'm even avoiding the library... although there's a whirlpool that keeps sucking me closer every time I pass in the vicinity. I know this resistance won't last much longer and I'll probably break free with massive accumulation... but until then I look forward to drooling all over your In My Mailbox posts. Literally. Drooling.
Thx to Kristi at The Story Siren, btw, for causing all this labial malfunction.